Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Buy Marantec Remotes

Buy Raynor Remotes

Buy Raynor Remotes

Counter

Sensor Problem

jman

Sensor Problem

Post  jman on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 pm

I had to change the sensors for my 3 doors after a flood. Two of the doors worked fine. On the third door the Sending sensor lite up but the Receiver did not. I checked the wires and even tried installing the sensors direcly to the Raynor for testing. I even tried installing a spare receiver I had. The receiver blinked intermittently and sometimes not at all while the sender stayed on. I tried and retried the connections. Do you think the problem might be the logic board?
    I'm still able to operate the door by keeping the button pressed until door is down. Thanks for the help
    tmordoor1

Re: Sensor Problem

Post  tmordoor1 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 pm

jman wrote:I had to change the sensors for my 3 doors after a flood. Two of the doors worked fine. On the third door the Sending sensor lite up but the Receiver did not. I checked the wires and even tried installing the sensors direcly to the Raynor for testing. I even tried installing a spare receiver I had. The receiver blinked intermittently and sometimes not at all while the sender stayed on. I tried and retried the connections. Do you think the problem might be the logic board?
    I'm still able to operate the door by keeping the button pressed until door is down. Thanks for the help

You need a new pair of photo cells.

michaelwright

Post  michaelwright on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:09 am

Thanks for sharing this information about garage door sensor and how we can repair it. Keep sharing more such posts.

Post  tmordoor1 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:02 pm

You probably have a break in the wire inside the sheathing. I would run new wire before i bought a new logic board. After you run new wire your garage door opener should work fine. garage door

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:00 am