Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyYesterday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyYesterday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

4 posters

Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine

ridergreen

wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine Empty Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine

Post  ridergreen Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Hello,
    My liftmaster wall unit opens the garage door with ease up and down no problem. However, neither of my remotes work.
    Here's what I've done to troubleshoot:

1. Replaced battery
    2. Reprogrammed remotes - this worked in the sense that the tiny LED light next to the big red button blinked to confirm it's been programmed.

When I press the remote buttons, the tiny led light blinks which indicates to me that it is receiving some type of signal from the remote but it's doing nothing. There's no hum or any action whatsoever from the garage door. Troubleshooting light and blinker doesn't do anything either.

Attached is a picture showing what the back of my garage door opener looks like.

EDIT: Nevermind the picture won't attach, but you get the idea. I hope
    I took the picture while I am holding the remote button. You can see the yellow LED indicator next to the RED button flashing as I took this picture.
    Any help would be appreciated.

GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine Empty Re: Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine

Post  GDZone Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:13 am

It sounds like the Lockout Button is engaged. When engaged it will lock out the remotes. Check your wall station...is the small LED on the wall station blinking? If it is then the Lockout Button is engaged. To turn it off, press the Lockout Button on the wall station for 4 or 5 seconds. The LED on the wall station should glow solid & your remotes should now work. Hope this helps. Smile
    bryanwillmert

wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine Empty Im in the same situation with my opener

Post  bryanwillmert Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Wireless keypad and 2 remotes stopped working but the wall button (looks like a doorbell) works fine. thoughts?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

wall - Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine Empty Re: Liftmaster remotes won't work - wall button works fine

Post  GDZone Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 am

Did they all stop working at the same time? If so, then I would check the connections to the receiver & make sure none have come loose (if it's an external receiver). If the receiver is part of the logic board then it's possible the receiver part of the board has failed. Try reprogramming one of the remotes. If that doesn't work (and the receiver is part of the logic board) then remove the board and look for any signs of burn marks on the logic board.
    michaelwright

Post  michaelwright Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:32 am

It seems that the remote you are using to operate your garage door is not functioning properly, as it is supposed to. If you have tried almost everything, considering help of a professional garage door repair company can help you to get it repaired.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:09 am