Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Clinical trials
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

» Best Inground Pool Installation Services in Frisco TX
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 am by jonemartin

» How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12007?
wall - Wall station power but not working EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 7:13 am by jonemartin

Counter

2 posters

Wall station power but not working

Jparr

wall - Wall station power but not working Empty Wall station power but not working

Post  Jparr Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:51 pm

My wall unit stopped working. I switched it with the other one and it works fine so it is not the wiring. I took the circuit board out and cleaned it. Power has always gone to the unit to light it and it will work after pushing 10 times or so. Anyone know how the button activates the circuit....it seems that the problem is something to do with that....there are four small black dots, on the rubber button that push on the board and activate it. Are these metal or do they do anything to activate the wall unit....not sure what else I can do to get this to work...they don't sell the units anymore so I am trying to repair it.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

wall - Wall station power but not working Empty Re: Wall station power but not working

Post  GDZone Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:24 am

What model of opener do you have? Does it happen to be a Flitestar? If that's the case then you can use a regular Push Button to work the opener. You won't be able to control the Light Function but you'll be able to open & close the door.
    Jparr

wall - Wall station power but not working Empty Flitestar

Post  Jparr Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:41 am

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is a Flitestar. We don't use the light button anyway or the off/vacation switch. Do I just hook up both wires to the screws on a push button like doorbell device? Will the light by default be off and only come on when you open the door?

With regards to the wall unit, I was trying to understand how it triggers the switch so maybe I could repair it...but I know nothing about electronics....wondered how the push of the rubber button activates it and if the problem was with the four dots on the rubber button...maybe I could rig it somehow to work.

Your idea might be best....maybe I will replace both wall units with simple doorbell like buttons??

Any additional feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

wall - Wall station power but not working Empty Re: Wall station power but not working

Post  GDZone Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Yes, you just connect the two wires to the doorbell button. The light will still come on when the opener is activated.
    The Flitestar wall stations always wear out over time...they were a poor design. Never took the time to try & fix because it was easier to just install a push button.
    Jparr

Post  Jparr Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Thanks so much. You just saved me a lot of headaches and cost! I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

John
    Jparr

wall - Wall station power but not working Empty Not working again....cant figure out.net

Post  Jparr Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 pm

So the doors worked fine with the doorbell buttons for two days, then all of a sudden they both stopped working. The only way I can get both to work again is to flip the breaker off and back on again. The little light inside the doorbell always stays lit so power is getting to it fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Jparr

Post  Jparr Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Disregard, switched it out for not lighted version, works fine now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am