Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
Remotes No Long Work EmptyToday at 4:47 am by johannimartin

» Best Inground Pool Installation Services in Frisco TX
Remotes No Long Work EmptyYesterday at 8:06 am by jonemartin

» How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12007?
Remotes No Long Work EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 7:13 am by jonemartin

» What Are the Best Practices for Sample Roasting Specialty Coffees?
Remotes No Long Work EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 8:39 pm by rayclark

» open closed then nothing
Remotes No Long Work EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:54 am by jonemartin

» Door wont close with remote
Remotes No Long Work EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 7:45 am by jonemartin

» Quick steps to view Macy's Insite Schedule
Remotes No Long Work EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 7:16 am by onlinegeeks

» Garage door won’t open or close, it only beeps
Remotes No Long Work EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 2:40 am by rosieanna

» Garage door Installation/Replacement
Remotes No Long Work EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 3:40 am by Joseph

Counter

+2
GDZone
SlyFox
6 posters

Remotes No Long Work

SlyFox

Remotes No Long Work Empty Remotes No Long Work

Post  SlyFox Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm

I have an M4500 garage opener that has been functioning properly for the past several years.  We were on vacation and recently returned.  While on vacation I set the unit in vacation mode so the remotes would no longer work.  (We take several vacations/year and have done this numerous times before with no issues.

Upon return this time, I entered through the front door and went to the garage and opened the garage door by depressing the open/close button on the wall control panel.  While the door was up, I also pressed the lock button on the wall control unit and the door button LED (which was blinking) turned to a solid on.

After unloading the car, we decided to leave of a while.  When my wife pressed the visor button in the car to lower the door, the door did no respond as it has done in the past.  I got out and retrieved a 2-button remote from the house and pressed the button.  Still no response.  I tried a 2nd Marantec remote with the same results - the opener did not respond to any of the remotes.  I then fully tested the operation of the wall control.  All functions seemed to work correctly.  I confirmed that the wall control was not set to vacation mode!

Later in the day I attempted to reprogram the opener.  Following the instructions, I pressed the P button until the unit went into programming mode.  I continued to press the P button until the 7 LED started to blink.  I then pressed the large button on the 2-button remote (the red LED on the remote lit).  Per the programming instructions, after a short period of time the 7 LED should begin to blink rapidly indicating the opener had learned the signal from the remote.  The 7 LED never started to blink rapidly.  I have tried the procedure multiple times.  I have unplugged the unit and plugged it back in after a short delay multiple times.  After each programming attempt, and power cycle attempt, I manually cycled the door up and down several times.  I have removed the receiver and replugged it in several times and could not see anything wrong with the receiver.

The door properly responds to the wall control commands, but none of the remotes work.  It seems as though the receiver no longer works. What should I do next?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Remotes No Long Work Empty Re: Remotes No Long Work

Post  GDZone Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:41 am

It sounds like the radio receiver is not functioning. There could have been a lightning storm or power surge while you were away which may have fried the receiver. Take the cover off the opener and see if you can see any signs of a surge on the logic board or control wires. Most likely though you probably won't see anything. The problem with lightning or surges is it can also cause problems with the wiring and/or circuits on the logic board and the only way to find the problem sometimes is to replace components by process of elimination until the unit is fixed.

This brings up another point - if you are away from your home for periods of time (on vacation, second home, etc.) unplug the unit instead of using the vacation switch. This will guarantee that lightning & power surges won't damage the unit while you're away. It's also a good idea to invest in a surge protector for the operator.
    Charlestr

Remotes No Long Work Empty Remote no longer work

Post  Charlestr Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:12 pm

I have the same problem, this morning my car homelink does not work, then I try my wife's car, keyless entry, transmitters... these things do not work any more, only wall control panel is working, and it does not let me to reprogram it, #7 just slowly blink, never accept the new code, can you tell me how is your garage opener now? did you fix it yet? and what was the problem.
    Thanks
    jayzenony

Post  jayzenony Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Charlestr wrote:I have the same problem, this morning my car homelink does not work, then I try my wife's car, keyless entry, transmitters... these things do not work any more, only wall control panel is working, and it does not let me to reprogram it, #7 just slowly blink, never accept the new code, can you tell me how is your garage opener now? did you fix it yet? and what was the problem.
    Thanks
     Thank You for Sharing this information
    i really appreciate your work.
    njoverheadgaragedoors
    njoverheadgaragedoors

Post  njoverheadgaragedoors Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 am

Thank you for sharing this nice information. this is more valuable with us.
    garagedoorsrepair
    garagedoorsrepair

Post  garagedoorsrepair Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 am

hire any expert garage door repairers.
    jayzenony

Post  jayzenony Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 am

Yes, You say right i'm looking for a best garage door repair company in Ny.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:38 am