Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» How to fix common issues with changing views on Outlook?
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyToday at 5:59 am by emailbuzz

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyYesterday at 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

Counter

3 posters

LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes

sheps001

lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  Empty LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes

Post  sheps001 Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:02 am

It appears that our recently installed LED landscape lights are interfering with the garage door remotes in our cars. The remotes don't work when the lights are on. Are there any fixes and if so what are they. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks,.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  Empty Re: LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes

Post  GDZone Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:42 pm

That's definitely strange. I've heard of CFL lights causing interference but never LED lights. Perhaps there's a bad transformer or something on the light system that is causing it to put out a radio signal which is blocking the opener receiver.

I'm curious about this also and wondering if any other readers have experienced this problem.....Question
    sheps001

lights - LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes  Empty Re: LED landscape lights interfering with operation of remotes

Post  sheps001 Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:58 pm

I subsequently contacted tech support for the LED light company and the garage door company (Raynor) both indicated that this may be a problem and to remove the bulbs one at a time starting from the closest to the transmitter. The first bulb is pretty close to the transmitter and I have done this and will keep you posted as to the result. Apparently the interference from the bulb is a problem if it is in the path of the transmission. Again will keep you posted.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks for the update. Let us know how it goes...
    sheps001

Post  sheps001 Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:07 am

Took out the LED bulb nearest the garage (which is close to the Garage Door Opener transmitter) and the door works fine. If the bulb is in, the door does not work. My wife says we will have to see if it was a defective bulb too. Keep me posted to.
    njoverheadgaragedoors
    njoverheadgaragedoors

Post  njoverheadgaragedoors Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:56 am

I can't fix this led light probes, But you can share your model no if i get any information behind this i will share with you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 pm