Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
Genie Excelerator programming problem EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

3 posters

Genie Excelerator programming problem

n00b

Genie Excelerator programming problem Empty Genie Excelerator programming problem

Post  n00b Mon May 19, 2014 9:49 am

i had this opener for years with no problems. the opener still works, but one day the keychain remote stopped working. i replaced the battery and that did not fix the problem. then i bought a replacement remote good for openers 1995 and newer. this also did not fix the problem. the opener works i just cant get the remote to work. i am hoping someone here can tell me what part inside the opener that receives the signal from the remote. this must be the part that is not working.

thank you for any suggestion.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Genie Excelerator programming problem Empty Re: Genie Excelerator programming problem

Post  GDZone Wed May 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Most garage door operators have a logic board with a radio receiver as part of the board. There are some openers where the receiver is separate from the logic board but I don't think the Excelerator is one of them. You'll need to take the cover off of the opener to see the logic board. There should be a antenna wire coming off of the board which would indicate that the receiver is part of the board. If the radio receiver is no longer working you may see some burn marks on the board where lightning or a power surge knocked out that part of the board. If that's the case then you could do one of two things - replace the entire logic board or add an external radio receiver to the opener.
    queensgarage
    queensgarage

Genie Excelerator programming problem Empty Genie Excelerator programming problem

Post  queensgarage Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:58 am

Yes I agree with you GDzone.

Sponsored content

Genie Excelerator programming problem Empty Re: Genie Excelerator programming problem

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm