Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Unlocking Essay Writing Potential with Professional Services
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyYesterday at 3:19 pm by AinsleePickle

» Changing Batteries in Keypad
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyYesterday at 8:51 am by jonemartin

» How to fix common issues with changing views on Outlook?
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyTue May 07, 2024 5:59 am by emailbuzz

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyMon May 06, 2024 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

Counter

+3
copperj77
dwaynesmithz
xlsgarage
7 posters

7 Most Common Garage Door Problems

xlsgarage

problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems Empty 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems

Post  xlsgarage Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello all,

Since I have been working on garage door problems for a while now, this might help some of you to find problems and fix them.

1.The garage door won’t open. Nothing is more frustrating than coming home after a long day from work, driving up to the garage, hitting the open button and…nothing. It’s even worse in the morning, with the car inside the garage and the door won’t budge. The most probable culprit when this happens is that there’s something wrong with the plug.
    2. The door is uneven. When the door opens or closes at a slant there’s probably something wrong with the springs. But knowing what the problem is doesn’t make it any more pleasant when it happens. Driving under a garage door where one side is uneven with the other always feels precarious and the last thing you want is to have it come down and hit your car.
    3. The door reverses. This can happen in a number of ways. Sometimes it opens or closes all the way before immediately reversing, or sometimes it will only get part way down before heading back up again. Either way, it’s a pain as you watch it, hoping that this time it’s not going to act up. Sometimes this is caused by a pulley being worn out or the track being bent or possibly the close limit switch needing adjusting. Whatever causes it, it may be the most annoying problem that can affect your garage.
    4. Door moves slowly. So you’ve had that long day at the office. You’re exhausted. You had to run to the store for groceries and it’s just started to rain. All you want is to get home and relax. Instead, you have to watch as your door slowly inches up at the rate of a snail. This problem is usually caused by a torn spring and it’s one you want to get fixed as soon as possible because you just know it’s going to wear out your patience very quickly and you’re going to need all the patience you have for the next problem.
    5. The door won’t close all the way. That last inch apparently doesn’t seem very important to your garage door because it’s stopping early every time. It’s good to check if this happens when you try to close it manually but there might be something wrong with the close limit switch.
    6. The door won’t open all the way. It might be the least annoying of all the problems as long as the door opens enough to let your car in and out. But after a month of seeing that door only open part way, you’ll be annoyed enough to still want to fix it.
    7.The motor keeps running. The door opens perfectly and closes perfectly. It doesn’t stall and it’s completely even. But the motor keeps running. The limit switch probably needs to be moved, unless you want to go to sleep tonight to the sweet sounds of your garage door’s motor.

Original source: Garage Door Problems

Let me know if you have any questions
    dwaynesmithz
    dwaynesmithz

problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems Empty Re: 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems

Post  dwaynesmithz Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:02 pm

That is why very important to have maintenance by yourself on your garage door. Make sure all moving parts are well lubricated to keep the condition of your motor good.
    xlsgarage

problems - 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems Empty Re: 7 Most Common Garage Door Problems

Post  xlsgarage Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:32 am

You are hundred percent right sir!
    xlsgarage

Post  xlsgarage Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 am

Do you have a lot or problems from the list above?
    copperj77

Post  copperj77 Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:40 am

In your maintenance always make sure you lubricate all the hinges and spring to avoid any problem in opening and closing your garage door.
    Cyril Perez

Post  Cyril Perez Sat May 09, 2015 4:35 am

Hello xlsgarage

My garage door moves very slowly.

I have cleaned the door and have wiped off all the grease builds on hinges. I also added oil in the roller mount brackets.
    Though door has improved quite a bit but it is still very slow.

Can you or any other member suggest me some other way to improve my garage door??

Thank you
    JohnWilliam

Post  JohnWilliam Tue May 26, 2015 2:53 am

The door moves Slowly is a big issue with my garage door .i got it trimmed and after that it got so tight and it  moved so fast , that was worse!i have roll-up door now and that works fine.
    longislandgarage
    longislandgarage

Post  longislandgarage Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:57 am

That is why very important to have maintenance by yourself on your garage door. Make sure all moving parts are well lubricated to keep the condition of your motor good.
    jayzenony

Post  jayzenony Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:54 am

If you want your garage door move smoothly and not create above problem ,maintenance is very important.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:01 am