Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

2 posters

Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener

Tegus

sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener Empty Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener

Post  Tegus Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:06 am

For anyone that may have an answer,

I have two Craftsman openers operating two large barn door style garage doors. When the Craftsmen are fully extended the doors are open and when they are fully retracted the doors are closed.

This is the reverse of the designed use where a extend opener would have an overhead door all the way down, and a retracted opener would have the door all the way up.

Hence, my challenge. If the sensors are tripped during the openers operation the machine logic tells the motors to fully retract (normally the safe overhead door position). For me this could bring to door into contact with whatever tripped the sensor, my vehicle or my child.

Does anyone know how to reverse the sensor logic of a Craftsman 139.53648d so when the sensor is tripped it would go to the extended not the retracted position?

Tegus
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener Empty Re: Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener

Post  GDZone Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 am

Your garage door opener will run in the wrong direction in the following two scenarios:

• The trolley is installed backwards
    • Your garage door opener is installed on a rail and trolley system manufactured by another company.

If your garage door opener is installed on a rail system manufactured by another company, please install the railing that came with your garage door opener.
    To determine if the trolley is installed backwards
    [list="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"]
    [*]Stand underneath the motor facing towards the garage door.
    [*]Look up at the trolley. You should see the threaded bolt that connects the chain or belt on the left side of the trolley.
    [/list]
    If the threaded bolt is on the wrong side of the trolley, refer to the Owner's Manual for steps on assembling the rail and trolley.

Tegus

sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener Empty Reversing the logic of a Craftsman sensor circuit

Post  Tegus Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:31 pm

My doors operate perfectly and as installed with engineering specifically to serve the purpose of opening and closing my barn door style garage doors.  To do this the motors operate the doors in the opposite from the standard directions. The trolley extension opens the doors and the trolley's retraction closes my doors. This is the opposite of a standard overhead installation. I have looked at the owners manual and installation instructions are useless for me.

Does anyone know how to re-program Craftsman openers to automatically go to the extended trolley position, rather than the retracted position, when the sensor is tripped?

Tegus

Sponsored content

sensor - Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener Empty Re: Reversing the logic of a Craftsman opener

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm