Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
Garage doors open during the night EmptyYesterday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
Garage doors open during the night EmptyYesterday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
Garage doors open during the night EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
Garage doors open during the night EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
Garage doors open during the night EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
Garage doors open during the night EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
Garage doors open during the night EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
Garage doors open during the night EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
Garage doors open during the night EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

2 posters

Garage doors open during the night

gtatrans1

Garage doors open during the night Empty Garage doors open during the night

Post  gtatrans1 Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:05 am

I hope there is an answer for this problem. I closed the garage doors befor going to bed. When I woke up, I found both garage doors were opened all the way. Could there be a problem with the Home Link in my vehicle or is there another underlying problem that I'm not aware of?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Garage doors open during the night Empty Re: Garage doors open during the night

Post  GDZone Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:40 pm

What model of operators do you have? Has this happened before or is this the first time?
    gtatrans1

Post  gtatrans1 Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:39 pm

I BELIEVE IT IS THE AVIATOR HALF hp
    gtatrans1

Post  gtatrans1 Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:40 pm

SORRY ABOUT THAT, ITS THE 3RD TIME
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Doubtful it has anything to do with Homelink. If you watched both of the doors close & stay closed before you left the garage then this is a very strange occurrence. Sometimes one opener (but not two) may reverse because a push button wire is loose or pinched. Or it's possible the sensitivity is set too light and the opener reverses when the door touches the floor. But if you saw both doors close & stay closed then this is indeed a mystery.

In the "old days" openers would pick up frequencies from airplanes, trucks, etc. and would open garage doors. But with the new Rolling Code technology that doesn't happen anymore (at least I've never heard or seen it happen...maybe you're the first). My recommendation would be to clear the receivers on both openers and reprogram all of your remotes (and keyless entry if you have one).

You could always add a garage door monitor to your door (like the Liftmaster #915LM) to tell you if the door is open or closed. Although this won't solve the problem of the door opening by itself.Liftmaster 915LM
    gtatrans1

Post  gtatrans1 Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:07 am

Thank you very much for answering my question. I'll call the manufactures and see what they have to offer. I will keep you posted.
    gtatrans1

Post  gtatrans1 Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:36 am

Liftmaster, what I have been told is that it could be a few reasons. I was told that in 2005 Raynor changed the circuit board to a higher fequency. There may be something interferring with the lower fequency. Also the possibility of Fios, which I have, could be causing the problem. I'm not sure if replacing the circuit boards is the answer; but I'm willing to try.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:03 am

I'm guessing you've had these openers for about 10 years? Did the problems just start when you got the Fios? If you didn't have any problems before that then you're probably right about it causing the problem.

Just about every operator manufacturer has changed to the 315MHz frequency over the past 5 or 6 years. Mainly because the government (especially the armed forces) has taken over the older 390MHz frequency (which your opener has). If you live near an army base or something similar this could cause a problem but usually the problem is that your opener won't work at all with the remotes.

It would be a lot cheaper to just add a new 315MHz radio receiver to your openers than changing out the logic boards. You could get a radio receiver and one remote for less than the cost of a logic board.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 am