Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

2 posters

Pilot 3265RGDM light issue

FastOlds

light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue Empty Pilot 3265RGDM light issue

Post  FastOlds Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Hello- my pilot garage door works great, except the lights don't light up when you walk through it. They used to- i think they stopped working when i had a power outage. I tried to restore the feature, by pushing the "light" button for 10 seconds until it went off and then back on. I never got them to come back on. I called customer support, but they seemed like they were reading from the same page of the owner's manual.

The lights come on when you 1st open the door, and when you close it as well. If you block the sensors path while its closing, it reverses it course and goes back up. It's just that they do not come on when you walk through the door.

any ideas before i pay someone for a service call, probably for something stupid.
    Thanks- Adam
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

light - Pilot 3265RGDM light issue Empty Re: Pilot 3265RGDM light issue

Post  GDZone Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:49 am

It sounds like you've gone through the right steps in the manual to make the light function work. Power surges & lightning strikes can do strange things to garage door openers. It doesn't take much sometimes to kill one of the circuits on a logic board which may have happened to you.

If I were you I wouldn't call for a service call - I doubt a technician would do anything different from what you've already done. If the light function is really important to you then you might try replacing the logic board. This will probably cost you $70 - 80 just for the materials.

Sorry I couldn't solve your problem but I hope this helps.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am