Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptyYesterday at 10:04 am by jonemartin

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

» QR code menu
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 am by jonemartin

» Enhancing the quality, accuracy, and compliance of Wikipedia articles
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 am by mikal31

» How can this possibly happen??
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 am by Toadman455

» What is garage door repair long island?
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 am by gutsy

» How to Clean and Maintain Your Mobile Cover for Longevity
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 7:34 am by neerjoshi

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 3:43 pm by chrisan@comcast.net

» Navigating the Essay Writing Landscape: Exploring Edu Birdie Reviews
Strange Liftmaster Professional Action EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 5:14 am by Alani Tollemache

Counter

2 posters

Strange Liftmaster Professional Action

jborchel

Strange Liftmaster Professional Action Empty Strange Liftmaster Professional Action

Post  jborchel Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:30 pm

I hope someone knows what this problem is. My garage door works fine until it gets afternoon sun on it, something heats up, and then it won't close. I live in a climate where it reaches 85 to 105 degrees from mid April until mid October. My garage door faces west. I can get home at 4:00PM and the door will open but after parking the car it will not close. It moves about a foot or two, bucks a few times, and then returns to its open position. A relay on the opener motor clicks about six times along with flashing lights and then stops.

I've tried greasing the tracks. I've noticed that there was a lot of rubber on the tracks at the curve and just below it. I've tried putting spacers in the connectors just below the curve to move the track slightly inward as it looked like the rollers might be too close to the inside of the tracks. Neither of these attempted fixes those worked. I've noticed that the center track is about 3/4" lower at the motor than near the curve so the motor is pushing uphill very slightly when trying to close. I haven't tried to level it yet.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? It only happens when trying to close, not when opening the door. If I wait until the evening and the sun is down it will close. So it must be the heat causing the issue.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Strange Liftmaster Professional Action Empty Re: Strange Liftmaster Professional Action

Post  GDZone Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 pm

It's the sun "blinding" the photo-electric safety sensors at the bottom of the door not the heat. You could try moving the sensors back a few inches into the garage so they would be shaded (if you have room). You could also try placing some small pieces of cardboard on the side of the sensors (side facing the outside) so the cardboard throws some shade on the sensors.

This is a common problem with garage doors that face east or west and the problems usually lasts a couple of weeks to a few months depending on how much sun your garage receives.

jborchel

Strange Liftmaster Professional Action Empty Re: Strange Liftmaster Professional Action

Post  jborchel Thu May 11, 2017 8:13 pm

GDZone wrote:It's the sun "blinding" the photo-electric safety sensors at the bottom of the door not the heat. You could try moving the sensors back a few inches into the garage so they would be shaded (if you have room). You could also try placing some small pieces of cardboard on the side of the sensors (side facing the outside) so the cardboard throws some shade on the sensors.

This is a common problem with garage doors that face east or west and the problems usually lasts a couple of weeks to a few months depending on how much sun your garage receives.
    Moving the sensor back or boxing it didn't work. What did was to switch/reverse the sensors. Happy camper now. It was only a problem during late spring/summer because of the angle of the sun. That's why I thought it was the heat.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 am