Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

» Best Inground Pool Installation Services in Frisco TX
keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 am by jonemartin

Counter

2 posters

Keypad won't learn PIN

jmeander

keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN Empty Keypad won't learn PIN

Post  jmeander Sat May 13, 2017 12:40 pm

The battery on the 976LM wireless keypad for my LiftMaster 2265 died so I replaced it, but the opener wouldn't respond to the keypad so I tried to program a PIN again. Repeatedly went through the learn process to no avail - the opener will not connect to the keypad to sync a PIN.

I tried both learn methods (pressing the learn button, then entering a PIN and holding enter, as well as the procedure by using the wall buttons) and neither worked. Tried many times and figured that the keypad unit itself may have gone bad so I ordered a replacement unit, the 877LM, which LiftMaster indicates is the (new) correct keypad for my opener. 

I pulled the battery from the non-working 976M and put the unit in the house, far from the opener, then attempted to program a PIN with the new 877LM keypad. Nope - same behavior - absolutely no response from the opener. The steps I'm taking are: press orange learn button on motor, enter a four-digit PIN and press/hold enter on the keypad (the buttons lights so I know the battery's good) but the motor never responds with blinking lights or clicks, and eventually the learn light goes dark.

I even reset the opener completely and used learn to program the normal button remotes - worked instantly and perfectly for both. So I know the opener is transmitting new codes properly to the remotes, but for some reason it won't communicate with the wireless keypads any longer.

Any ideas? Thanks much.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

keypad - Keypad won't learn PIN Empty Re: Keypad won't learn PIN

Post  GDZone Sun May 14, 2017 12:11 pm

The 877LM Keyless Entry is not the correct one. That one is for MyQ Security+2.0 operators only. The correct replacement keyless entry is the 877MAX Keyless Entry. It is backwards compatible for Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Sears/Raynor operators manufactured since 1993.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am