Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

4 posters

Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener

aurorabynight

garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener Empty Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener

Post  aurorabynight Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:31 am

Hi Everyone,
    I need some assistance. I am having some issues with my garage door opening and closing properly without the use of an opener. Currently my opener has stripped gears, so I am not using it at the moment. So usually I will go into the garage and while pulling the string at the same as lifting the door, it will usually open all the way with no issues. But my daughters boyfriend thinks he knows everything and now I am having issues with opening and closing the door. You can lift the door about 1 foot, and then it locks and you need to pull the string and lift to get it the rest of the way. It is the same for closing. Can someone please advise as to how I can fix this on my own?
    Thank you very much for your assistance, I really appreciate it!
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener Empty Re: Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener

Post  GDZone Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:53 pm

On some openers you can pull down on the rope & then pull to the right or left while pulling down to keep the trolley in the unlocked position so it doesn't engage the carriage. Some openers don't do this and are always ready to engage the carriage.

If your opener can't do that then I suggest moving the carriage (that's the part that is attached to the chain & the trolley engages with) towards the back (near the motor unit). If the gear in the opener isn't totally stripped you should be able to run the carriage back without the door being attached to it by just pressing the wall button or remote. If the gear is totally stripped then you'll need to do it manually by pulling the chain until the carriage is back by the motor unit.

aurorabynight

garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener Empty Thank you

Post  aurorabynight Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 am

GDZone wrote:On some openers you can pull down on the rope & then pull to the right or left while pulling down to keep the trolley in the unlocked position so it doesn't engage the carriage. Some openers don't do this and are always ready to engage the carriage.

If your opener can't do that then I suggest moving the carriage (that's the part that is attached to the chain & the trolley engages with) towards the back (near the motor unit). If the gear in the opener isn't totally stripped you should be able to run the carriage back without the door being attached to it by just pressing the wall button or remote. If the gear is totally stripped then you'll need to do it manually by pulling the chain until the carriage is back by the motor unit.
    Thank you Brian, I will try this when I get home tonight.

Sue
    longislandchoice

garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener Empty Without the use of an electric opener

Post  longislandchoice Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:15 am

I agree with you, GDzone.
    sandykiwi66

garage - Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener Empty Re: Garage Door Repair - Without the use of an electric opener

Post  sandykiwi66 Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:29 am

We take pride in delivering outstanding and affordable services for any type of garage door repair westchester , replacement or maintenance. 

call us anytime and we will be there to assist you anytime. ! (866) 210 0831 • (914) 368 7440

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm