Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Garage door spring repair
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptyToday at 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptyToday at 6:52 am by techzeel

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptyYesterday at 10:04 am by jonemartin

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

» QR code menu
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 am by jonemartin

» Enhancing the quality, accuracy, and compliance of Wikipedia articles
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 am by mikal31

» How can this possibly happen??
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 am by Toadman455

» What is garage door repair long island?
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 am by gutsy

» How to Clean and Maintain Your Mobile Cover for Longevity
Opener Opens fully and starts clicking EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 7:34 am by neerjoshi

Counter

3 posters

Opener Opens fully and starts clicking

waverill

Opener Opens fully and starts clicking Empty Opener Opens fully and starts clicking

Post  waverill Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Hello. I have an M4500 that was installed in a house I bought last year. Previous owner told me it wasn't working right but didn't want to bother with fixing it. Okay that's fine I'm pretty handy.

When I open the door it works properly until it gets to the fully open position and stops. Then a relay in the main housing starts clicking every second or so. If I hit the open/close button again it will close as it should and stop clicking. I checked the error codes using the instructions in the owners manuals. I get a #1 and #8 flashing meaning it's an RPM sensor and I should have the unit serviced. I want to do the service myself.

The clicking only happens when I open it. I made some plus/minus adjustments to the open position to ensure that it wasn't hanging up somewhere and it didn't change the result. Each time it opened and closed to the position I assigned without trouble. There is no mechanical hangup with the door itself.

I've identified the RPM sensor part number from the manual. This appears to be a hall effect type sensor (no moving parts, shouldn't be failing now) and I ordered a new one and replaced it. No change in performance. This RPM sensor is mounted near the motor/gear box.

I also saw a second 'sensor' or switch which was above the motor/gear box. The manual calls it a reference switch. This was a simple spring loaded momentary switch that rode on a plastic cam profile. I took this apart, cleaned it, and reassembled and reinstalled it. It's not adjustable and sits in a fixed mounting point. There was no change in performance.

I did the easy stuff and then some. Anybody have a trick or clue I'm missing?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Opener Opens fully and starts clicking Empty Re: Opener Opens fully and starts clicking

Post  GDZone Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:28 pm

If replacing the RPM sensor didn't fix the problem then it's possible there's an issue with the logic board. I suggest that you GO HERE and contact Marantec Customer Support with your issue before purchasing a new logic board. They may have other suggestions that you can try before making a purchase.

lmtchll

Opener Opens fully and starts clicking Empty Re: Opener Opens fully and starts clicking

Post  lmtchll Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:28 pm

Waverill, I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a resolution to your problem?

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 pm