Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Best Inground Pool Installation Services in Frisco TX
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyToday at 8:06 am by jonemartin

» How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12007?
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 7:13 am by jonemartin

» What Are the Best Practices for Sample Roasting Specialty Coffees?
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 8:39 pm by rayclark

» open closed then nothing
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:54 am by jonemartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 8:37 am by Allinsider

» Door wont close with remote
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 7:45 am by jonemartin

» Quick steps to view Macy's Insite Schedule
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 7:16 am by onlinegeeks

» Garage door won’t open or close, it only beeps
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 2:40 am by rosieanna

» Garage door Installation/Replacement
Can't get downward travel to adjust! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 3:40 am by Joseph

Counter

3 posters

Can't get downward travel to adjust!

Idahoguy

Can't get downward travel to adjust! Empty Can't get downward travel to adjust!

Post  Idahoguy Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:49 pm

I have a M Line opener and unplugged it for a garage party last year. I plugged it back in the next day or so and I had to re-program it. Every function worked fine except the downward travel adjustment. I have tried multiple times and have started at the beginning a few times as well. So I have to stop it manually everytime!Everything else works great! Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am a fairly handy guy and don't think I should have to call for service just to fix this.
    clem629

Can't get downward travel to adjust! Empty Re: Can't get downward travel to adjust!

Post  clem629 Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:18 pm

When you say you must stop the downward travel "manually" does that mean you are closing it by holding the wall station button in the whole time the door closes and then releasing it when it touckes the floor? Question If this is the case someone at your party may have knocked the photo sensors out of allignment.
    troyped

Can't get downward travel to adjust! Empty Re: Can't get downward travel to adjust!

Post  troyped Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:00 pm

No I don't have to hold the button in! I just push the button and then have to push it again when it touches the ground!
    clem629

Post  clem629 Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:38 am

Sounds like a component in the electronic logic board may have failed. Maybe give the Marantec customer hotline a call and see what they suggest.
    WHMAYS

Can't get downward travel to adjust! Empty Downward adjustment

Post  WHMAYS Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:14 pm

I have a similar problem with a Raynor Navigator. The up and down travel varies by + or - 2" and seems to come and go with the change in temperature. Have tried to find a happy medium in the adjustment only to have it crop up again in a day or two. Replaced the printed circuit panel module ($80)and it seemed alright for a couple days and then started all over again. Does anyone have an idea what is causing the travel to vary so much? Some times the up travel stops 4" short of the hard stop and other times it does not stop until it hits the hard stop. The same is true of the down travel, the door may stop an inch short of the floor and other times the door closes to the floor so much that it reverses at which time the opener actually buckles the top panel. Wish there was a physical stop switch like the Genie we use to have. HELP!
    garagedoorsrepair
    garagedoorsrepair

Post  garagedoorsrepair Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:42 am

it's opener problem, garage door repair new york
    garagedoorsrepair
    garagedoorsrepair

Post  garagedoorsrepair Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:30 am

i also facing same problem with my garage door opener.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:39 pm