Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

2 posters

Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues

Chromedragon

issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues Empty Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues

Post  Chromedragon Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:30 am

Hello all, I've got a real PITA opener that's driving me nuts. A couple weeks ago the opener started randomly only closing partway and then going back up. Nothing blocking the sensor, no binding in the door. Adjusting the resistance limits did not change it. If I held the button it still would come back, so it wasn't a sensor issue. I noticed the light on the inside button would cut out for a bit after I was playing around with trying to get the door to close and the button would quit functioning. So I checked through all the connections and all were good, but the problem remained. I pulled the cover and found a connection to the relay that controls the light had burnt on the circuit board. I attempted to resolder the connection, but it was too far gone. There were a couple other spots on the board that looked to b a bit burnt so I got a new board.

I install the new board, which is listed as a replacement for the model in my opener, but there appear to be a few differences:

1. The old board had only 3 external wire connections, the new one has 6.
    2. There are a lot less relays on the replacement board.

The board does sit in the same spot and has the same connector for the harness, but not everything works.

1. There is no power to the door control in the garage.
    2. It will not accept the outside keypad's reprogramming.
    3. It will not recognize the manual limit switches presently installed on the door, either connected to the harness or when connected to the posts that are used for limit switches on other models for which this board is used as a replacement.

I'm somewhat adept mechanically, but I don't want to kill an expensive circuit board by trying to dig into that. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Chromedragon

issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues Empty Re: Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues

Post  Chromedragon Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:41 pm

So I went back to the place that sold me the board and they told me the guy gave me the wrong board. They exchanged it for another board, which again didn't look the same as my original, but this time only had the three external connections. It too had my board model listed as being a replacement. So I installed this new board and my wall switch now works and it recognizes the limit switches fine, but it won't program to my remotes.

Here's the annoying thing, the led on the board seems to be blinking a really random pattern. Nothing consistent about it, it'll blink twice slowly, then 6 times quickly, then three times quickly, then once slowly, then 7 times quickly, or some random crap close to that. I have no idea what any of these blinks mean as no manuals from the company go beyond 5. What I can see when I try to program the remotes is that it is receiving a signal from the remotes as it will flash as I push the remote button, I just get no response from the door.

Any ideas?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

issues - Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues Empty Re: Overhead Door Python Chainglide issues

Post  GDZone Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:41 am

What make & model of garage door operator do you have?

Chromedragon

Post  Chromedragon Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:25 am

Overhead Door Python Chainglide, OCG710.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:05 pm

If the LED on the board blinks when you press the remote then it's receiving a signal. It sounds like the radio frequency on the board is different from the remotes. You should call & ask the company where you got the board from what the frequency on that logic board is and compare it to the frequency of the remote (which should be printed on the back of the remote).

Chromedragon

Post  Chromedragon Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm just curious about the light blinking all the time on the new board. Old one never did. Plus the blinks are really erratic.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm