Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyYesterday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyYesterday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

2 posters

What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open

Asar

What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open Empty What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open

Post  Asar Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 am

Hello 

Thanks for the add to the forum. 

Pictures show this spring lock which snaps into place when garage is closed. To operate the door I have to pull the handle to release the lock, and then activate the clicker. How can I keep the lock open so that I can use the remote. I could not see any hardware to keep the spring lock open at the local lowes or online. Looks like it's missing some hardware. 

Thanks in advance 
    Asar

What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open Empty Re: What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open

Post  Asar Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 am

GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open Empty Re: What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open

Post  GDZone Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:22 pm

So you have a garage door operator & an exterior lock on the door? You should never have both hooked up to the door at the same time. If you would accidentally hit your remote button while the door is locked there's a good chance the operator will rip apart the top section of the door and/or damage the operator. The operator keeps the door locked down so there's no need for the exterior lock.

The easiest thing to do to keep the lock from auto locking every time the door closes is to remove the auto latches that are attached to the tracks.

Asar

Post  Asar Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:30 am

Thanks for confirming. This house/setup was sold to me this way. I have a simple fix for it. Got these copper pins from lowes for a few bucks, and these can be removed when I want I use the openerGDZone wrote:So you have a garage door operator & an exterior lock on the door? You should never have both hooked up to the door at the same time. If you would accidentally hit your remote button while the door is locked there's a good chance the operator will rip apart the top section of the door and/or damage the operator. The operator keeps the door locked down so there's no need for the exterior lock.

The easiest thing to do to keep the lock from auto locking every time the door closes is to remove the auto latches that are attached to the tracks.
    Asar

What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open Empty Thanks. Here are pictures of my fix

Post  Asar Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 am

[url=What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open Img_3216]What hardware is needed to keep this T lock open Img_3216[/url]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 am