Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Craftsman Opener having issues
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptyYesterday at 10:04 am by jonemartin

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

» QR code menu
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 am by jonemartin

» Enhancing the quality, accuracy, and compliance of Wikipedia articles
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 am by mikal31

» How can this possibly happen??
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 am by Toadman455

» What is garage door repair long island?
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 am by gutsy

» How to Clean and Maintain Your Mobile Cover for Longevity
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 7:34 am by neerjoshi

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 3:43 pm by chrisan@comcast.net

» Navigating the Essay Writing Landscape: Exploring Edu Birdie Reviews
garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 5:14 am by Alani Tollemache

Counter

4 posters

Garage Opener Rail Clearance

jadadoors

garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  Empty Garage Opener Rail Clearance

Post  jadadoors Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Hey Guys, would anyone know a solution to fitting an opener into a tight space. the space I have to install an opener is 9 Feet. Reason being is that a joist is in the way. the shortest rail i can get is a 10'4" Liftmaster / Chamberlin. any thought please let me know.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  Empty Re: Garage Opener Rail Clearance

Post  GDZone Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Could use some more info. What is the height of the garage door? Is the 9' measurement to the bottom of the joist? How much room do you have from the high arc of the door to the bottom of the beam?

jadadoors

Post  jadadoors Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:15 pm

the height of the door is 6'6" the joist size is 2X12. cant lower the rail at all.
    jadadoors

Post  jadadoors Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:16 pm

garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  Img_8514
    garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  Img_8612
    garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  Img_8515
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:15 am

Yeah I see now. Situations like yours can be a pain. I would suggest that you go here and check out the Marantec Synergy 260 operator. You can turn the powerhead sideways (sort of like your old opener) so you can reduce the backroom. Operators from  most manufacturers that have 7' rails actually can open doors that are up to 7'6" high so you can cut the rails down if you need more backroom. The Marantec operator with the powerhead sideways has an overall length of 120-3/4". You could cut the rail down 13" to give you enough room to fit everything in. The door may hang in the opening an inch but that shouldn't be a problem unless you have an SUV or truck that barely fits in the opening now. Just double check with Marantec if a 7' rail can open a 7'6" door first so you'll know that cutting the rail down will work.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jambo

garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  Empty Absolutely no overhead clearance. How about this for a homemade idea?

Post  Jambo Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:52 pm

The garage door literally runs with 2.5" to 0" clearance from the ceiling. I am thinking a jury rig as illustrated below might work. (this is an overhead view looking down on the raised door) The door is fiberglass and almost weightless. Please offer advice. Many thanks.
    garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  Garage10
    Attachments
    garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  AttachmentGarage door idea.pptx
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (47 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by Jambo on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change illustration)
    fixxedgaragedoors

garage - Garage Opener Rail Clearance  Empty Best Fix Garage Door

Post  fixxedgaragedoors Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 am

jadadoors wrote:Hey Guys, would anyone know a solution to fitting an opener into a tight space. the space I have to install an opener is 9 Feet. Reason being is that a joist is in the way. the shortest rail i can get is a 10'4" Liftmaster / Chamberlin. any thought please let me know.
    I do not know what to suggest but right now i can say that you should contact the experts which can https://fixxedgaragedoorstn.com for you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 am