Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

3 posters

Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore

xXxOlivierxXx

Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore Empty Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore

Post  xXxOlivierxXx Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:44 pm

Hello everyone
    I just joined this forum hoping to get some help with my garage door opener issue.

I have a LiftMaster 1215 1/2HP opener like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUpUbybElR0&
    Normally, when you program this opener you push the red button on the back of the motor and a led light turns on and stays on for a while to give you time to program your remote control, but on my opener, the light turns on and off instantly.

Do you know what could cause this issue? I have the exact same wall button opener that is shown in the above youtube video (model 76LM) but I cannot program the remote from that button either.

The motor works perfectly, I can open it and close it using the wall button, just programming is what doesn't work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Attachments
    Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore Attachment20171102_231119.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (111 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore Empty Re: Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore

Post  GDZone Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:53 am

Strange opener since it's newer & doesn't require photo-eyes...not something you'd be able to purchase/install in the US since it doesn't meet the UL325 safety regulation.

You should first try reversing the two wires that are going into the back of the opener & see if that changes anything. They aren't color coded properly so it's hard to tell if they're installed right. If that doesn't work try erasing the memory of the operator and then try programming the remote. Press & hold the red Learn button for 10 seconds to erase the memory.

xXxOlivierxXx

Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore Empty Re: Can't program 1/2hp 1215 Liftmaster opener anymore

Post  xXxOlivierxXx Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 am

GDZone wrote:Strange opener since it's newer & doesn't require photo-eyes...not something you'd be able to purchase/install in the US since it doesn't meet the UL325 safety regulation.

You should first try reversing the two wires that are going into the back of the opener & see if that changes anything. They aren't color coded properly so it's hard to tell if they're installed right. If that doesn't work try erasing the memory of the operator and then try programming the remote. Press & hold the red Learn button for 10 seconds to erase the memory.
    Thanks for the reply. I had already tried reversing the cables but the wall button did not want to work that way, the light on the button just went off and I had to switch the cables back for it to work, so I assume they are installed properly.

I'll try erasing the memory and see how it goes.
    Alpha Door Service

Post  Alpha Door Service Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 am

Hello, wondering if you're trying the stock remote or something you purchased. Either way be sure it is the proper freq. There is Security + and Security + 2.0. I'm not familiar with this exact opener, but I do deal with store purchased remotes not being the correct ones often. Hope you get it going.
    xXxOlivierxXx

Post  xXxOlivierxXx Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Alpha Door Service wrote:Hello, wondering if you're trying the stock remote or something you purchased. Either way be sure it is the proper freq. There is Security + and Security + 2.0. I'm not familiar with this exact opener, but I do deal with store purchased remotes not being the correct ones often. Hope you get it going.

I have both type of remote controllers, the old ones which are security plus, some 3 button security+2.0 remotes that came with my opener, and I also purchased some 890max mini remote controllers (Sec+ 2.0). They all worked like a charm and I was able to program them with no issues, but one day I decided to erase all my remotes because one got lost, and then I was not able to program them anymore. When I press the red button on the back of the opener, the light turns on and then goes off 0.5 seconds later. Normally, that light should stay on for several seconds.
    xXxOlivierxXx

Post  xXxOlivierxXx Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 am

It has been a while since my last reply but I was traveling and did not have access to the opener.
    Today I tried to reset the codes on the opener by holding the red button for about 6 seconds. After keeping the button pressed for 6 seconds the light turned off. I released the button and it blinked 4 times, and that was it, I'm still unable to program it.
    I tried searching what those 4 blinks mean but could not find anything meaningful

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm