Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Garage door spring repair
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptyToday at 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptyToday at 6:52 am by techzeel

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptyYesterday at 10:04 am by jonemartin

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

» QR code menu
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 am by jonemartin

» Enhancing the quality, accuracy, and compliance of Wikipedia articles
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 am by mikal31

» How can this possibly happen??
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 am by Toadman455

» What is garage door repair long island?
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 am by gutsy

» How to Clean and Maintain Your Mobile Cover for Longevity
Old Liftmaster will not close properly EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 7:34 am by neerjoshi

Counter

2 posters

Old Liftmaster will not close properly

Partsman41953

Old Liftmaster will not close properly Empty Old Liftmaster will not close properly

Post  Partsman41953 Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:24 am

Hi all, 

I have a 20 year old what I believe is a Liftmaster garage door closer. Over the weekend my send sensor got knocked out of alignment so I had to readjust it but after doing so and making sure all the green lights are on the door will not close without me having to hold on the wired door button. If I try to close the door with either of my wireless remotes the light on the closer will just blink and the door will not close. The door will open with my wireless remotes but will not close.

What can I try to do before I call a repairman to come fix the problem. 

Thanks
    hughesgaragedoorsystems

Old Liftmaster will not close properly Empty Eye Sensor Problem

Post  hughesgaragedoorsystems Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Make sure the Sensor lights are both working on each of the sensors.. Both Green or one is green and one is red. Its' still the eye sensors giving you trouble. You said you knocked it out of alignment. Clean the lens on both of them. If they are installed with wire nuts. Tighten up the wire nuts or if there is enough to cut and splice the wiring from the head to the sensor eyes. Redo them. Some times(rarely) people kick the sensors where the wire goes into the eye itself and could be broken on the inside. I am a Liftmaster/Chamberlain Dealer in Texas. I wouldn't waste a lot of time if you can't get it fixed with the advice above. But wait for someone else to give you advice as well. My experience with this matter has been rare.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:37 am