Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Craftsman Opener having issues
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyToday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyToday at 7:13 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyYesterday at 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
garage - Garage Door Maintenance EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Garage Door Maintenance

Poll

Does the company's assessment make sense?

[ 0 ]
    garage - Garage Door Maintenance I_vote_lcap0%garage - Garage Door Maintenance I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    garage - Garage Door Maintenance I_vote_lcap0%garage - Garage Door Maintenance I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    sherryb

garage - Garage Door Maintenance Empty Garage Door Maintenance

Post  sherryb Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:02 pm

We called a garage door company because the garage door system started sounding as if it was straining. When the technician came out, he advised me that he adjusted the height of the garage door motor and adjusted the bracket that connected to the garage door arm.
    Most recently, the bracket connected to the garage door motor arm was pulled off the garage door causing the middle of the garage door to collapse severly. According to the technician, the garage door panel became caught on the ridge of the garage frame. The result was that the garage door collapsed from the tension of the motor arm pulling on and eventually detaching from the bracket. 
    After speaking to this company, they want to charge us over $800 to replace the door. They said the door was damaged due to natural wear and tear on the door and/or because someone bumped into the door (which did not happen).
    Before the company adjusted the garage door, we had no previos issues regarding the door's hardware.

Does this company's processes and assessment sound right?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

garage - Garage Door Maintenance Empty Re: Garage Door Maintenance

Post  GDZone Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 am

So the damage happened after they adjusted the door? It could be a coincidence that it happened after they did their work. You don't mention how old the garage door & opener are and what make/model they are. If the technician had to move the operator up & adjust the operator bracket it's possible they weren't installed properly to begin with. If that's the case it could definitely shorten the life of the door & opener.

It also doesn't sound like there is a u-bar stiffener or strut attached to the top section. Without it over time the center of the door will become weak. Every door that has an operator should have a strut on the top section to help strengthen the section and keep it from cracking or buckling in the middle.

sherryb

Post  sherryb Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:34 am

Yes we have a U bar stiffener   Our door is 14 years old aqnd opener about 3 years old

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 am