Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

2 posters

I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman

Greybeard

issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman Empty I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman

Post  Greybeard Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:15 pm

I have had 3 Overhead Door "Legacy" openers working for about 20 years.  One just quit on me and I bought a Craftsman Assurelink 1/2 HP Model 139.54985 to replace the one that quit.  I suspect this was a mistake because of the following:

Years ago I had installed three momentary contact switches to open/close the garage doors from inside the house.  Essentially these are "door bell" switches. They all worked just fine with the Overhead Door openers.  

The Overhead Door supplied wall switches were mounted on the inside wall of the garage as per normal.

Our Toyota's were hooked up via Homelink and it all worked just fine.

All fine and good but then.. I installed the aforementioned Craftsman Assurelink. 

I got the Craftsman working:  It works with it's wall mounted switch.  It works with its remote (Model 41A7633) and I got it working with the Homelink in the Toyotas. 

BUT... it will not work with my momentary contact switches inside the house.  Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman Empty Re: I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman

Post  GDZone Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:21 pm

I think you'll find that those old door bell type of buttons won't work on most operators on the market today. The electronics and circuits in the newer operators are a lot more complicated than older operators. Most of the newer style operators do offer a door bell style of button that works with their operators though so you'll just have to find the newer type of buttons that will work with your operator.

Greybeard

issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman Empty I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman

Post  Greybeard Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:11 pm

I saw some buttons that are said to be compatible.  I ordered them and will be installing in the next few days.  Thanks.

Sponsored content

issues - I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman Empty Re: I have some compatibility issues: I need help understanding craftsman

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm