Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

» Best Inground Pool Installation Services in Frisco TX
Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 am by jonemartin

Counter

2 posters

Can't connect new remote to door opener, help?

Anthony01

Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? Empty Can't connect new remote to door opener, help?

Post  Anthony01 Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:40 am

My girlfriends Wayne Dalton garage door open has been failing lately, and rarely working. So after work I went to walmart to get a new one(Only play open around 3am). The only one they had was a Chamberlain Universal one. Says it works with all major brands. Including Wayne Dalton.

I've googling so many videos on this stuff, trying for the past hour and a half to get it to work. And now I'm at that point, thinking maybe they just aren't compatible? Even when the Chamberlain says so.

The Opener is a Wayne Dalton Model 3012, while the remote is a Chamberlain Universal.

https://www.chamberlain.com/clicker-black-universal-gar...

http://support.waynedaltonparts.com/support/solutions/a...

https://www.amazon.com/Wayne-Dalton-303mhz-309884-29713...

First is the remote, 2nd is all the info I can find on the opener. And the 3rd is my old opener.

Does anyone with some experience see why they wont connect? Or do you think I'm just doing it wrong, and need to keep trying? Or should I just order a Wayne Dalton one?

Thanks for any and all help!
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? Empty Re: Can't connect new remote to door opener, help?

Post  GDZone Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:27 pm

They should call them "Limited Universal" remotes because they aren't universal with all operators. It looks as the Wayne Dalton remote is 303 MHz frequency. The "Universal" remote only works on 315MHz, 390MHz & 310MHz frequency so the Wayne Dalton remote would not be compatible. Go an buy the Wayne Dalton remote & return the universal remote.

Anthony01

Can't connect new remote to door opener, help? Empty Re: Can't connect new remote to door opener, help?

Post  Anthony01 Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:39 am

GDZone wrote:They should call them "Limited Universal" remotes because they aren't universal with all operators. It looks as the Wayne Dalton remote is 303 MHz frequency. The "Universal" remote only works on 315MHz, 390MHz & 310MHz frequency so the Wayne Dalton remote would not be compatible. Go an buy the Wayne Dalton remote & return the universal remote.
    Alright, thanks for the quick response!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am