Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping

barakandl

garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping Empty Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping

Post  barakandl Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:53 pm

For a while now my Genie opener gets into a funk where it only moves a few inches and then stops.  Normally i just disconnect the door and open / close it by hand and then the next day it magically starts working again for another month or two.  Now it seems to be happening quite often.

With the door disconnected it acts the same way, moves a few inches and then stops.  So i don't think it is a motor overload or spring issue.

The limit switches for all the way up and down seem to be working OK.  There is no optical beam sensor for blockage detection.

I took the circuit board out and resoldered the header pin connector and replaced a tired looking electrolytic cap.  No change.

My best guess is something with the circuit that detects the motor is spinning is not functioning, but I do not understand the theory for how it works.  Can anyone look at my picture and tell what heck this thing is, how it works, and how to fix?  It looks like a magnet on a switch blade on motor wheel that spins which the CPU some how detects.  There is 15vdc on this blue wire which goes to the controller chip on the circuit board.  The metal motor wheel is grounded.

picture
    https://i.postimg.cc/m2DgwCm2/20190212-145742.jpg
    garage - Genie Garage door moving 6 inches and stopping 20190212-145742

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm