Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Unlocking Essay Writing Potential with Professional Services
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyToday at 3:19 pm by AinsleePickle

» Changing Batteries in Keypad
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyToday at 8:51 am by jonemartin

» How to fix common issues with changing views on Outlook?
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyYesterday at 5:59 am by emailbuzz

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyMon May 06, 2024 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
 remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

Counter

reseting pin code without remote or old pin

bajinganindy

remote - reseting pin code without remote or old pin Empty reseting pin code without remote or old pin

Post  bajinganindy Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:03 am

I bought a house 2 years ago without asking the previous owner the code to the garage door opener. I delayed long enough that I have now lost both remotes, and still not knowing the pin to open the garage from outside. I have marantec 4700 garage door. 

I spent a couple hours online, but can't seem to find answer. I still have access to the garage door brain (or main unit box. not sure what you call it) from inside the house. My questions are:
    - Now that I have lost both remote, can i simply buy a new remote and reprogram it without the old remote? I cant seem to find instruction online to do that. they all require old remote.

- where would be the best place to buy the remote? I don't even know what frequency they run on. From my research online, they seem to run on different frequency. 

- is it possible to reset the pin outside to open the garage door ?

I know this is stupid. but now i need to go through the main door, press the main unit of the garage door to open the garage from inside, and then press the button on the unit again to close the garage door.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:51 pm