Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

2 posters

Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer.

Tucson

light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. Empty Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer.

Post  Tucson Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:15 pm

I troubled shooted the issue down to the garage door light timer.
    It opens with the remote but won't close with the remote while the light is on. After the  4 1/2 minutes are up and the light goes off the remote works fine..
    Things I tried:
    Wall switch works all the time, light sensors are in alignment, removed the board and touched up some solder joints, regular light bulb, same issue after taking bulb out.

Something about that 4 1/2 minute light timer that disables the remote. Its a 20 year old Liftmaster 1/3 HP 41a4252-7d

Last edited by Tucson on Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. Empty Re: Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer.

Post  GDZone Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:14 am

My first guess would've been that you were using a CFL low energy bulb in the opener and it was causing interference but you've already disproved that. That's a real head-scratcher. Short of replacing the logic board I'm not sure what else you could do.

Tucson

light - Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer. Empty Re: Remote doesn't work after door is opened during the 4 1/2 minute light timer.

Post  Tucson Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:57 am

I'm not having any luck finding a compatible logic board since it's such an old opener. You know of anyone?
    Also, could this be symptom of a bad capacitor?
    Thanks
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am

Yeah I believe that logic board has been discontinued since the opener is probably 25 years old. I doubt it's the capacitor. You're best bet is to look on Ebay but I wouldn't invest too much money in an opener that old. I haven't looked but wouldn't be surprised if they would sell for $70-80. You could pick up a whole new opener for $130 at Home Depot. It's not a great opener but it's not much more than a logic board.

Tucson

Post  Tucson Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 pm

If I could find a board for little money I would go that route but I agree it's not worth spending $80 on it.
    But it's such a bizarre issue I really would like to figure it out..
    Guess I need to look at what's involved with changing out an opener, I hope I can keep the rail/chain and just swap out the opener..
    Thanks
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:37 pm

It is a strange issue. I wouldn't recommend reusing any old parts. The old rail & chain are going to be worn and may not work well with the new power head. Plus installing the new rail isn't that difficult.

Tucson

Post  Tucson Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:18 pm

FYI, Lowes is running a 50% off on the Chamberain C410 for $84 thru today. Just ordered one.

I needed one that came with two remotes since I have an older car and I guess these newer models don't work with Homelink in the old ones.
    Thanks for your help

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm