Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Unlocking Essay Writing Potential with Professional Services
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyYesterday at 3:19 pm by AinsleePickle

» Changing Batteries in Keypad
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyYesterday at 8:51 am by jonemartin

» How to fix common issues with changing views on Outlook?
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyTue May 07, 2024 5:59 am by emailbuzz

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyMon May 06, 2024 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

Counter

2 posters

Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck

y.ahmadi.916@gmail.com

liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck Empty Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck

Post  y.ahmadi.916@gmail.com Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:22 am

Hi,

Couple days ago my one of my tension springs broke in half, I've contacted my dealer and he managed to replace the spring with no issues, after that when we tried to operate the motor the door goes up halfway only and gets stuck, vice versa the same issue when closing as well, but when I push the door up with my hands while its opening it will open all the way (it feels like the motor don't have enough power to pull up the garage by itself),  the technician didn't take time to inspect the motor, straight away he jumped to conclusion that the motor is damaged and needs to be replaced with a new one as they don't have the parts for the one I'm using.

My question is, from your experience based on what I have explained what do you think the issue is?  How do I figure out which part of the motor needs to be replaced? after all I don't trust my dealer's technician.

Appreciate your time and response.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

liftmaster - Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck Empty Re: Liftmaster 5580 opens halfway and get stuck

Post  GDZone Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:59 pm

When you pull the emergency release on the opener and lift the door manually does it go up fairly easily or does it take some effort to lift the door? You should be able to the lift the door 1/2 way and let go of the door and it should stay there in the 1/2 way position.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:32 pm