Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Garage Door Opener Haunted

Dr_Shakalu

garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted Empty Garage Door Opener Haunted

Post  Dr_Shakalu Fri May 08, 2020 5:07 pm

Hi everyone. I'm having a weird problem with my Sears Craftsman 1/2hp. Everything was fine until 2 weeks ago. We have been using the garage door machine without the remotes. 2 weeks ago I found one of the remotes. I installed a new battery and paired it back to the opener by pushing the reset button on the back of.the.opener. The remote worked but then my garage door opener started to open and close on its own. I thought the remote might have a short so I took out the battery.but the machine still turned opened and closed by itself. It would.turn on after about 1 minute. I then tried to reset the machine and remote just in case it was picking up someone else's signal but that didn't stop it. Sometimes when I push the reset button, it would open or close door. Any help is greatly appreciated, Ed.
    find me
    find me

garage - Garage Door Opener Haunted Empty Re: Garage Door Opener Haunted

Post  find me Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Take your wall button off, make sure the wires are not shorting together near the two terminals. Sloppy installs or too much insulation stripped off, can cause those two wires to touch, which will run your motor. As well, check those same two wall button wires, where they connect to the powerhead. Make sure the wires are not touching up there as well. Finally, you want to check every staple that holds those two wall button wires to the wall. Sometimes a heavy staple will pierce the insulation & short the two wires at one of those staple points. It is most likely a short between your two wall button wires, somewhere along the line, it’s just a matter of finding where.

Also possible, you hit the learn button on your motor when your neighbor came home. He could have hit his garage door remote when your opener was ready to learn a new remote. Does happen, not too often, but it’s more likely to be a short in your wall button wires somewhere. To reset all the remotes learned to your powerhead, just hold that learn button down for about 30-45 seconds. That will clear any neighbors remote that may have programmed to your opener. But like I said, more likely to be a short in the wall button wire. Check both ends(where it connects to wall button & where it connects to motor) then if those are perfectly connected without being close to each other, start checking at all the staple points that hold that wire to the wall.

95% of the time, short in wall button wire. Just a manhunt now.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:47 am