Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers

Greybeard

garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers Empty Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers

Post  Greybeard Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:02 pm

I have a commercial Door opener, A craftsman and an old Genie(1997).  The old Genie uses a momentary contact switch.  The craftsman has to have one of their contact switches which has some electronics in it and the commercial has a big controller that has OPEN CLOSE and STOP buttons.  I really would like some kind of controller that would work all three.  Preferably controlled through WIFI with a smartphone interface.  I am guessing nothing like this exists but if it does and someone can point me at it, I would GREATLY appreciate it.  Kind Regards.
    find me
    find me

garage - Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers Empty Re: Three different kinds of Garage Door Openers

Post  find me Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Possible, but could be complicated to figure out. Essentially you would want to get a lift master receiver(they have the best smartphone interface) & install it on all 3 openers. Then program the 3 button remote(1 button to each receiver) to operate them all on one remote. I recommend buying a single receiver, get it working on one of the residential motors to get the idea of it. Then take it off, get it to work on the second residential motor, then take it off and get it working with the commercial opener. Then you will understand how to install it. Just order two more after that and install on all 3 motors. The commercial motor will be the trickiest one to get working.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm