Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Garage door closes halfway and goes back up.

djlau

garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. Empty Garage door closes halfway and goes back up.

Post  djlau Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:50 am

Hello everyone!

So I have a Sears Craftsman garage door opener. It always worked well and had no issues despite being an older model. Unfortunately I can't get the door to close without it going back up almost instantly. I have checked the sensors and they have no problem. I also checked the track to see if they were misaligned and they weren't. I tried adjusting the travel and nothing. I can't find any solution to this problem.

A bit of a back story. The motor that moves the chain broke and I replaced it myself. Right after installing it, the garage door worked perfectly and had no issues. However, I decided to buy a myQ garage door opener which programs to your garage door opener and then connects to wifi so you can control the door from your phone anywhere. After installing it i noticed my garage door became strange. It wouldn't always close and sometimes it would almost close and then suddenly go back up. I removed the device and unprogrammed it. After all the problem never went away. I even tried opening and closing jt from the hardwired button and still doesn't work. I had to detach the door from the rail to close it manually, when doing so I pressed the button to see if the rail would close and it still keeps doing the same thing. I'm assuming the problem has to do with the motor or logic board. If you know anything about this please let me know! Thank you!!!
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. Empty Re: Garage door closes halfway and goes back up.

Post  GDZone Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:19 pm

Try increasing the close force.

djlau

garage - Garage door closes halfway and goes back up. Empty Re: Garage door closes halfway and goes back up.

Post  djlau Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:16 pm

GDZone wrote:Try increasing the close force.

I did try that and it worked the first time. After it closed, I opened it to test again. Then upon closing it, it stopped working.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:28 am