Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

3 posters

Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener

mdjd

garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener Empty Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener

Post  mdjd Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:42 pm

Hello,

I posted earlier this year about an issue with my garage door. Here

Up to this point, we had been opening and closing the door manually since I still couldn't figure out what the issue was from the previous thread and we never got around to having someone come out to look at it. Well, it seems that someone opened the door with too much force and possibly caused it to rip the wood off the center wall which has everything attached to it. (See pictures)

As you can see, it looks like they just used small nails to attach this piece of wood to the block wall, which doesn't seem ideal. I had a garage door company come out and look at it and they said they would need to cut the side cables, disconnect everything, put up a new piece of wood and use special anchors, and then reinstall everything.

1. The door is in a closed position and it seems there is tension on the side cables. Wouldn't cutting them be dangerous? Is there any way to disconnect them without cutting/destroying them? They said I would need to pay around $150 for new cables.

2. Can't I just push the wood back up into place and use Tapcons to attach it? Is doing all the work they specified really necessary?

3. If I can just put the wood back up and get the door functioning manually, I planned to install a new opener. I bought a 1.25 HP opener to replace the .5 HP opener currently installed. Regarding my original issue with the door being suctioned to the ground and needing more power to break the seal in order to open, would the higher horsepower opener likely give this extra power?

Thank you!
    Attachments
    garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener AttachmentGarage_3.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (29 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
    garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener AttachmentGarage_4.jpg
    (31 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
    mdjd

garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener Empty Re: Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener

Post  mdjd Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:42 pm

Additional Picture
    Attachments
    garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener AttachmentGarage_5.jpg
    (27 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
    inntroz2010vz

garage - Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener Empty Re: Garage Door Repair - Connections and Opener

Post  inntroz2010vz Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:20 pm

mdjd, maybe to get all the details about your exact situation - a repairman should right near it, to get all the needed information and to test some things using different tools, you know. So maybe it's not the best option to get a help via forums. But I can recommend you this service here ( weblink: https://a1garage.com/garage-door-repair/ ), because these guys helped me one day, few months ago. That's why I can highly recommend them. They fixed my garage doors, which had almost the same issue you have for now.
    GraysonMorant

Post  GraysonMorant Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:51 am

Maybe the best way to know what you really encounter is to look for a technician near you, take some consultation to them. It's hard to check the spring without the necessary tool, but you can figure that the spring or cable is broken with the movement. But the best thing is to look for expert, if you're in Ontario, there's a service I tried and recommend, check them here and try to ask the garage door service provider in Strathroy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 am