Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?

gelkins4

board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  Empty New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?

Post  gelkins4 Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:38 pm

I have two garage doors that had a lightning power surge. I replaced the logic board and safety sensors on both. It fixed one, but the other still does not work. I have swapped boards and it is not a faulty circuit board. When I try to set the travel limits, the motor only works for about one second when I try to program the up travel. It then makes me try to program the down travel. Again, the motor stops after about one second. If I pulse the travel buttons for less than a second, I can push it repeatedly, but if I hold it down, it trips. Any ideas about what is causing this and what is the next part to check? 

Thank you!
    delweis

board - New logic board and sensors don't fix it. What next?  Empty What next

Post  delweis Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:55 am

What brand and model number do you have?
    You say you replaced the safety sensors on both doors? Do you mean the infrared eyes that are supposed to be located approximately 6" from the bottom of the door?
    How far apart are the doors from each other?
    Are the LEDs lit up on both sets of sensors?
    Are the LEDs the same color on each door or are they two different colors? (green, amber) Residential sensors are two colors and commercial sensors are the same color

A good possibility is what is called "Cross-talk", where one of the sensors is picking up signal from a sensor on the other door. Swapping the pair on the offending door around may alleviate the issue..

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 am