Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

+2
GDZone
KenP
6 posters

Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door

KenP

Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door Empty Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door

Post  KenP Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:30 am

This is an older unit that doesn't have all those sensors. I can manually close the door and push the button to open the door but when I try to close the door it doesn't do anything.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door Empty Re: Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door

Post  GDZone Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:24 pm

My first guess would be to check the down force setting. If the setting is too light it won't close. Increase the force setting. You may want to also check the open limits & make sure the opener is not drawing the door open too far & getting the trolley jammed on a rail bolt.

You mention that the opener works fine on the open cycle and the door works fine manually and doesn't have photo-eyes...which leads me to believe (if the down force & limit setting doesn't help) that the logic board my be bad.

Since the opener is over 17 yrs old it may be difficult to get a new logic board. Even if you do find a logic board it may not be worth it. A logic board can easily cost $70 - 90. You can pick up a Craftsman (junkie but they do the job) for $140 - 160 from Sears. It can be hard to justify putting that type of cash into an old opener sometimes.
    wood door
    wood door

Location : Xiqiao Sci & Tech Industry Sistrict, Nanhai, Foshan, Guangdong, China

Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door Empty Re: Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door

Post  wood door Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:43 am

I think you can change it with a new one.
    DamianDouglasGarageDoor

Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door Empty Down Force

Post  DamianDouglasGarageDoor Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Check your down force. I will say that is the problem. At the minimum, start with that and eliminate each item as you go...

garagedoors

Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door Empty garage door repair las vegas

Post  garagedoors Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:42 am

if you are having problem regarding, repair it..
    garagedoors

Genie - Genie garage door opener opens but won't cloe the door Empty garage door of las vegas

Post  garagedoors Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:16 am

your all garage doors problems solve here ....
    bjhanson3

Post  bjhanson3 Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 pm

I too have an older Genie model G5050 that does not have down force adjustments just the old clutch style. The door opens fine stops when it hits the open switch mounted on the screw drive, but will not reverse the motor and close. There are safety beams, but those are aligned and seem to be working fine. The close switch wiring looks fine too. I am baffled, but don't want to call a repair man for a door opener worth less than the service call will cost me. Thoughts? Can I bypass the safety beam some how to check that it's working? The open and stop switch's are simple single wire grounds, so not much to check there, but maybe there is a way to test that they ground correctly? By the way I have two of these that are doing exactly the same thing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am