Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Linear Door Opener, can't program remote/homelink
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyToday at 9:16 am by gutsy

» myQ garage randomly opens on its own
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyToday at 6:42 am by jonemartin

» Clinical trials
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by besnos

» Replacing faulty Logic Board
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 am by cr-garagedoor

» liftmaster 8500 Gors down to ground stops and goes up
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Door wont close with remote
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 am by cr-garagedoor

» open closed then nothing
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:35 am by cr-garagedoor

» Professional Tow Dolly Services in Garden City NY
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am by johannimartin

» How To Find All Upcoming Birthdays on Facebook
 remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am by johannimartin

Counter

2 posters

Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS!

sevenunder29

remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! Empty Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS!

Post  sevenunder29 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:20 pm

raftsman garage opener of MANY years (probably 20). Had no problems. Our remotes (2 of them, one opener) stopped working, replaced batteries and stil didn't work. So, I replaced the remotes with Liftmaster compatible remotes. Reprogrammed the new remotes...The (one) remote worked great first day...even increased our range. The other remote I tried from my house and the door went up (so, I assumed GREAT!).

Today (2nd day)... COMPLETELY, different story. The remotes only worked when I was 4 feet from door. I reprogrammed remotes again and have this problem.... I push the learn button (to reprogram) and all I get is continuous up and down cycle from the door. I couldn't stop it...so I cut the power to the garage. Turned the power back on and ....up and down, up and down. Finally, I hit the remote button a few times to get the door to stop about 3" on the 'up cycle' cycle.

Have no Idea whats going on.
    Tried this....
    Took batteries out of remote and put them back in.
    Can't reprogram them now bc the learn button automatically sends the door into up and down cycle.

HELP!
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! Empty Re: Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS!

Post  GDZone Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:29 pm

It appears that the opener is getting a signal from something. Remove all the batteries from both the old and new remotes. Disconnect the wall station (or button). Plug the opener back in. Clear out the receiver memory by holding the program button for 10 seconds. Put a battery back into one of the remotes & try reprogramming it.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm