Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Craftsman Opener having issues
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyYesterday at 10:04 am by jonemartin

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

» QR code menu
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 am by jonemartin

» Enhancing the quality, accuracy, and compliance of Wikipedia articles
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 am by mikal31

» How can this possibly happen??
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 am by Toadman455

» What is garage door repair long island?
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 am by gutsy

» How to Clean and Maintain Your Mobile Cover for Longevity
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 7:34 am by neerjoshi

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 3:43 pm by chrisan@comcast.net

» Navigating the Essay Writing Landscape: Exploring Edu Birdie Reviews
remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 5:14 am by Alani Tollemache

Counter

2 posters

Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS!

sevenunder29

remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! Empty Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS!

Post  sevenunder29 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:20 pm

raftsman garage opener of MANY years (probably 20). Had no problems. Our remotes (2 of them, one opener) stopped working, replaced batteries and stil didn't work. So, I replaced the remotes with Liftmaster compatible remotes. Reprogrammed the new remotes...The (one) remote worked great first day...even increased our range. The other remote I tried from my house and the door went up (so, I assumed GREAT!).

Today (2nd day)... COMPLETELY, different story. The remotes only worked when I was 4 feet from door. I reprogrammed remotes again and have this problem.... I push the learn button (to reprogram) and all I get is continuous up and down cycle from the door. I couldn't stop it...so I cut the power to the garage. Turned the power back on and ....up and down, up and down. Finally, I hit the remote button a few times to get the door to stop about 3" on the 'up cycle' cycle.

Have no Idea whats going on.
    Tried this....
    Took batteries out of remote and put them back in.
    Can't reprogram them now bc the learn button automatically sends the door into up and down cycle.

HELP!
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

remote - Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS! Empty Re: Craftsman Opener, Liftmaster Remote PROBLEMS!

Post  GDZone Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:29 pm

It appears that the opener is getting a signal from something. Remove all the batteries from both the old and new remotes. Disconnect the wall station (or button). Plug the opener back in. Clear out the receiver memory by holding the program button for 10 seconds. Put a battery back into one of the remotes & try reprogramming it.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 am