Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.

LonestarJK

closing - Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.  Empty Liftmaster Opener Lifting door when it's within 1' of closing.

Post  LonestarJK Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:18 pm

This just started a day or two ago.

When the door is closing and gets too within about a foot, it reverses course and opens all the way.

The sensors are new and they are not flashing as if to suggest something is obstructing the path.
    One of them is solid green with the other being amber, as I was led to believe this is correct.

I called a "pro" out that after about 10 minutes of looking, suggested lubing rollers, then replacing rollers and springs to even a new door. Seemed a bit much. 

Hoping to get some ideas to check on myself, as I am pretty handy and can figure my way around most things, if I know where to start.

TIA

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm