Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Clinical Trials Poland
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
How can this possibly happen?? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

Counter

2 posters

How can this possibly happen??

Toadman455

How can this possibly happen?? Empty How can this possibly happen??

Post  Toadman455 Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:00 pm

Hello, I'm new on here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.  I had a Chamberlain opener D2101  MC installed on my enclosed carport three months ago.  The door is 8ft tall and I believe 23 or 24ft wide.  At this time there is no way to enter other than the overhead door.  I tried to open the door yesterday and it wouldn't work with any of my four remotes, so I tried to open by hand and I raised the door up and discovered that the safety rope had been pulled to release the door, and I had to reprogram all of the remotes.  So, all is fine again now but my question is how in the *** did the rope get pulled, and why at the same time would the main unit unprogram all of the remotes??  Nobody could have got inside without opening the overhead door.    Any ideas???    Thanks.
    Toadman455

How can this possibly happen?? Empty Re: How can this possibly happen??

Post  Toadman455 Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:58 pm

Toadman455 wrote:Hello, I'm new on here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.  I had a Chamberlain opener D2101  MC installed on my enclosed carport three months ago.  The door is 8ft tall and I believe 23 or 24ft wide.  At this time there is no way to enter other than the overhead door.  I tried to open the door yesterday and it wouldn't work with any of my four remotes, so I tried to open by hand and I raised the door up and discovered that the safety rope had been pulled to release the door, and I had to reprogram all of the remotes.  So, all is fine again now but my question is how in the *** did the rope get pulled, and why at the same time would the main unit unprogram all of the remotes??  Nobody could have got inside without opening the overhead door.    Any ideas???    Thanks.

Well, I guess it was a ghost.  I ordered a lock that goes on the top of the door that has a cable that runs to the release lever.  The door does not have windows.
    cr-garagedoor

Post  cr-garagedoor Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:04 am

There are a few possibilities for how the safety rope got pulled and the remotes became unprogrammed in your Chamberlain D2101 opener:
    1. Someone (yourself, a pet, or something else) might have accidentally brushed against the safety rope, causing it to pull and disengage the trolley. This wouldn't necessarily require someone to enter the carport.
    2. Less likely, there could be a malfunction within the opener itself. A faulty sensor or switch might have misinterpreted a condition and triggered the safety rope release and remote memory reset.
    Toadman455

Post  Toadman455 Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 am

cr-garagedoor wrote:There are a few possibilities for how the safety rope got pulled and the remotes became unprogrammed in your Chamberlain D2101 opener:
    1. Someone (yourself, a pet, or something else) might have accidentally brushed against the safety rope, causing it to pull and disengage the trolley. This wouldn't necessarily require someone to enter the carport.
    2. Less likely, there could be a malfunction within the opener itself. A faulty sensor or switch might have misinterpreted a condition and triggered the safety rope release and remote memory reset.

Thanks much for the reply.  When I closed it using the remote the night before nobody was inside, and no pets.   So can some issue trigger the safety release?  I doesn't look like there's anything connected to it that can release it, but I don't know.   This door and opener is only 4 months old and it has never done this again since.  I've been using it for several weeks since the weird incident with no problems.   Pretty strange.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:13 am