Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Garage door opens then door goes back a few inches then opens again...
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 8:29 am by GrittGordon11

» installed a right hand spring for door. what drums to use
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 4:09 am by shunchi320

» Repair My Garage Door Aurora
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 4:09 am by shunchi320

» Linear garage door opener lubrication
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 4:08 am by shunchi320

» Can you flip a wood garage door to extend its life?
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 4:07 am by shunchi320

» Door goes up about a foot, stops
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 3:44 am by shunchi320

» Any garage door openers still made with doorbell-style buttons
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 3:43 am by shunchi320

» Continually reversing door travel
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 3:33 am by shunchi320

» Garage Door Repair
garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  EmptyToday at 3:31 am by shunchi320

Counter

Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.

Glazd_Donut

garage - Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.  Empty Garage doors requires 2-4 button presses to fully open.

Post  Glazd_Donut Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello,
    I have a craftsman 1/2hp garage door opener that acting funny. From time to time the door will open about a foot and stop. Press the button again, the door closes. This is typically repeated 2-4 times before the door actually opens. I have even witness this happen when the door is disconnected from the trolley. 
    I've read a few other forums and based on that information I performed or checked the following.
    -replaced the worm gears on drive motor
    -check the door moves freely when disconnected from the trolley.
    -check springs (recently replaced last year).
    -checked alignment of door sensors “Green Lights”.
    -adjusted the "power up" dial.

If anyone has a suggestions on what I should do next that would be greatly appreciated, because this is really frustrating.  
    Thanks,
    Adam

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:05 pm