Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Quirky GDO EmptyToday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Quirky GDO EmptyToday at 7:13 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Quirky GDO EmptyYesterday at 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Quirky GDO EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Quirky GDO EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Quirky GDO EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Quirky GDO EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Quirky GDO EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Quirky GDO EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

3 posters

Quirky GDO

randy86314

Quirky GDO Empty Quirky GDO

Post  randy86314 Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:32 am

I say quirky, because my sensors don't follow the rules: both green and amber LEDs have always been lit, even when the receiver is pointed at the wall. For 16 years, both LEDs have always been lit. and the GDO worked fine. Recently, the GDO stopped working, and the green LED was not ON. I replaced the sensors with Chamberlain 801CB from Lowe's. The manual lists the sensors as 41A5034, which seems to be a correct match. The GDO still didn't work. I ordered and replaced the logic board: the GDO still did not work. The door rises normally, I can lower the door by keeping the wall button pushed until the door closes, and the GDO does not respond to the remote, even tho I programmed the opener to accept the codes. And, yes, when I push the wall button the first time, it blinks 10 times. On the second, continuous push the door lowers.

A local garage door installer visited to check out my GDO. He attached his test sensors (two working sensors on a short board with obvious perfect alignment) to the GDO. The GDO still didn't work. Interrupting the beam did not make the green LED  go out. I ordered and installed another logic board, and I installed new wiring between sensors and the opener: the GDO still did not work.

Can anyone solve my problem?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Quirky GDO Empty Re: Quirky GDO

Post  GDZone Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:25 pm

That is odd. Since you've tried numerous sensors and logic boards without any difference I would have to guess that the problem is in the wiring harness that goes to the logic board. I can't think of anything else in the operator that would be related to problem you are having.

randy86314

Quirky GDO Empty thanks

Post  randy86314 Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Is it something that can be readily repaired, or should I start to look for a replacement?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Post  GDZone Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:32 am

You should be able to get a wiring harness at your local garage door store or online.

Alpha Door Service

Quirky GDO Empty Hope this helps

Post  Alpha Door Service Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Here are a couple of other things to check. When you replaced the sensors did you be sure to attached/splice the wires correctly (black to black and white to white)? Another thing to check is the wiring where it has been stapled to the wall, sometimes after years the staples used tend to rust or corrode (usually the lower ones closest to floor) and if they were pinning the wire down rather firmly it could have also rotted through the wire at the staple. Hope you get it going.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 am