Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyToday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyToday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyYesterday at 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode

bugman

code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode Empty dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode

Post  bugman Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:06 pm

Genie SD9000 dip switch opener.

Does anyone know if you can simply replace a dip switch receiver board with a rolling code receiver board (Intellicode)?

I want to upgrade my openers so that they work with my two vehicles that have Homelink systems. I was able to get homelink in my Silverado to work previously, but it has never worked in my Murano. I have swapped the Silverado for a F150 and this homelink will not work with my dip switch opener.

I could upgrade my 2 garage door openers, but they are still going strong.

I could also buy 2 universal remote conversion systems, but I though Why can't you just replace the receiver board? The wall switches should still work as they are direct wired to opener.  The board would simply allow homelink to function properly.

The receiver boards all seem to have the same power supply plug.

Any thoughts?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

code - dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode Empty Re: dip switch board to rolling code board or Intellicode

Post  GDZone Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:43 am

I'm not sure about that particular model but I can't think of a manufacturer or make of garage door operator that has an operator where the logic board if replaceable from one generation to another. There would be slight wiring differences to the boards that would make them incompatible. The external radio receiver would be your best option. It would be cheaper than a logic board & if you ever replace the operator you could remove it and reuse it in the future (or sell it).

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:12 pm