Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Receiver - Can I disable receiver? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Can I disable receiver?

kitem1

Receiver - Can I disable receiver? Empty Can I disable receiver?

Post  kitem1 Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi, I have a Liftmaster garage door opener and I have recently added a rolling code receiver to add more security than the current DIP switch codes.  Now that I have the new receiver and new remotes working, is there a way to disable the DIP switch code receiver on the garage opener to prevent a remote with DIP switches from opening the door?

We have recently had some break-ins in the neighborhood where people with DIP Switch code receivers have had their garage doors opened in the middle of the night and items stolen.   I did read somewhere that you can open the opener unit and unplug the receiver from the circuit board.  I can probably do that, but is their any other ways to accomplish this?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Receiver - Can I disable receiver? Empty Re: Can I disable receiver?

Post  GDZone Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:20 am

If you added an external radio receiver to an opener that has the radio receiver built into the logic board of the opener and you never want to use the receiver on the logic board again then you could just cut the antenna off of the logic board. That would probably limit the range of that receiver to about 12". Someone would have to be inside the garage and right next to the opener for the receiver to work.

It's not easy to access a garage door opener code (even one with DIP switches). Most burglaries occur because people leave their cars parked in the driveway with the car doors unlocked. The burglars then steal the remote to the garage from the car which gives them access to the garage.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am