Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Craftsman Opener having issues
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyToday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyToday at 7:13 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyYesterday at 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
opener - Opener wont work without intervention EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Opener wont work without intervention

slimshaky

opener - Opener wont work without intervention Empty Opener wont work without intervention

Post  slimshaky Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm

I have a Genie 3060L-07 opener. I saw my kids hanging from the door as it was opening a day before it stopped working properly, so I'm thinking that it's probably toast. However, I thought I would mention it here to see what folks thought. When I came home from work on the day it stopped working, it was not functional. I toggled the red release chord on and off, just for the heck of it. After doing that, the opener worked. However, when I came back later in the day and tried to use it again, I was in the same boat. The opener makes noise when pressing the button, but the door does not move. I have to toggle the red release chord on and off again before it will start working, but if i try again later in the day, it will not work. Any thoughts on what is wrong with it? We had the spring replaced back in the winter and that seems to be in good shape still, as I can manually open and close the door with ease.
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

opener - Opener wont work without intervention Empty Re: Opener wont work without intervention

Post  GDZone Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:20 am

The screw drive could be stripped or the the teeth on the carriage assembly could be worn. Hard to say without getting in there and taking stuff apart and looking at it.

slimshaky

opener - Opener wont work without intervention Empty Re: Opener wont work without intervention

Post  slimshaky Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks for your response. I replaced the carriage assembly and that did not fix it. I figured it was worth a try at the low price point. I can get it to raise and lower several times in a row but when i come back hours later, it wont open without toggling the release back and forth.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am