Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyToday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyToday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyYesterday at 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Garage opens freely, manually and via opener

Jeffrok

opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener Empty Garage opens freely, manually and via opener

Post  Jeffrok Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Not sure how long it's been happening, but it's an older Craftsman opener (if model # is needed I'll post, but I think this is a general question not specific to the brand/model)..

When we close the garage via the opener, it has a 2 inch gap, and pushing it down manually will close the door completely.. Also, I can pull the door up and open it manually, with no resistance at all, even when the opener is engaged with the trolley (I think I'm using the right terminology)..

Any ideas on what to check before the garage company comes over?
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

opener - Garage opens freely, manually and via opener Empty Re: Garage opens freely, manually and via opener

Post  GDZone Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Garage door openers have Open and Close Travel limit adjustments. It sounds like you just need to make an adjustment to the Close Travel limit so it pushes the door further closed. Refer to the garage door opener manual for your particular model opener.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm