Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Unlocking Essay Writing Potential with Professional Services
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyYesterday at 3:19 pm by AinsleePickle

» Changing Batteries in Keypad
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyYesterday at 8:51 am by jonemartin

» How to fix common issues with changing views on Outlook?
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 5:59 am by emailbuzz

» LED flashing on wall control, not in lock mode
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 9:01 am by Mkhoury

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

Counter

Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up.

tsquad

opener - Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up. Empty Chamberlin opener closes to much and comes back up.

Post  tsquad Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 am

Hello everyone, 

A bit of back story to this one. Came home one day and my garage door only opened about 2 feet and stopped. I have a screw drive chamberlin opener from 1994. Turns out a plastic coupler had broken connecting the unit to the screw track. Replaced that, and it now would come up all the way and stop, but when I go to close it, it is pushing way to much at the end of the track and forces itself back up. I have adjusted the downward travel all the way up to the point that the screw just clicks when I turn it. 

I would love to get this issue resolved as it is very cold and annoying having to open the door by hand all the time.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:06 am