Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyToday at 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

Counter

2 posters

Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected

jcuadra

Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected Empty Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected

Post  jcuadra Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi all,

What could be wrong if (I try to open it), even when the carriage is disconnected (so it doesn't have to lift the door's weight), it just barely budges and the light blinks once?
    This is an intermittent problem - if I keep trying, it will sometimes start moving (with no blink).
    I tried adjusting the travel limiter (the closed position one), and the lift force to no avail. 
    It doesn't seem to make a difference if it has to lift the door's weight or not. 
    I'm not sure but I think it doesn't have the same problem in the closing direction.

Does it have a starting capacitor?
    An inrush current limiter?

It's 1/2 HP model, probably > 10 years old.

TIA
    jcuadra

Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected Empty Re: Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected

Post  jcuadra Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:48 am

Bueller?
    Anyone?!!
    GDZone
    GDZone
    Admin

Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected Empty Re: Doesn't open, blinks once, even with carriage disconnected

Post  GDZone Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 am

Sorry I haven't been on the boards in about a week. It sounds like it may be an RPM Sensor issue. If the RPM Sensor isn't working then the trolley will usually only move an inch or two in either direction.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:53 pm