Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button

alecks113

Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button Empty Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button

Post  alecks113 Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:23 pm

So I'm here looking for assistance with my Chamberlain Opener.  Here are my observations:

-  Door won't close with remotes, and will only close with wall button
    -  Sensor lights (both receiver and transmitter) will be on when door is closed, but turns off when door is open
    -  I observed as I close the garage door (utilizing wall button) that sensor lights will turn off as the door travels to the close position.  Unfortunately there is no exact spot where they turn off (could be at beginning of travel, or six inches from ground or any distance inbetween floor and start of travel)
    -  I verified that there is no damage or nicks on wiring going to sensors by hand to hand trace
    -  Sensor light wiring are connected to the correct ports on Door opener
    -  Noticed this morning after a weekend of troubleshooting, that the sensors stayed on when I opened the garage (the morning was overcast, foggy, and very little sunlight out) and kept the door opened.  But when I walked into the garage again in the late morning when there was sunlight, both lights were out.  (I only bring this up 'coz during my research, the receiver might be getting too much sunlight disrupting the connection with the transmitter)
    -  On the garage door opener itself, the light above the learn button no lights are on when door is closed (and both sensor lights are on), but when the door is opened, the light flashes twice in 10 seconds (when the sensor lights are both off).
    -  Garage door opener system is about 10 years old and prior to this has not be touched or had a problem.

Please help, I think its either a sensor problem (albeit sensor lights up when door is closed) or wiring, or even the logic board.

Thanks again,

~ Alex
    Dodson Garage Doors

Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button Empty Re: Chamberlain Opener does not close with exception of wall button

Post  Dodson Garage Doors Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:41 pm

It is more than likely your circuit board. You can call Chamberlain and give them model number and serial number and they will send you one for about 60. If it has been discontinued (which I doubt only being 10 years old) they will give you a good price on new unit.

alecks113 likes this post

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm