Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» How to edit your birthday on Facebook?
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyToday at 6:05 am by Allinsider

» Clinical Trials Poland
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am by Altrio

» Is Impotence a Sign of an Underlying Health Condition?
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am by ameliajames

» Old Genie BlueMax resistance adjustment sensor
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm by Bob52

» QR code menu
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm by lefeni

» KDE's great video edito
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm by lefeni

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm by lefeni

» How to Open Garage Door Manually from Inside and Outside
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am by melanie

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

Counter

Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel)

GaryGnu

Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) Empty Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel)

Post  GaryGnu Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:56 am

The other day my Chamberlain Opener (Model 940ESTD) starting acting strangely. It is in almost a constant state of the light and control panel flickering and not in a good way. This is not some kind of rhythmic warning message. It's like Gremlins are running around in both the opener unit itself and the control panel. When this is occurring, there is almost nothing I can do to stop it. I've tried covering the motion sensor. Nothing. I've tried stepping in front of the beam at the bottom of the door. Nothing really works except unplugging it. It does beep sometimes while unplugged. If I plug it back in, it immediately starts going haywire again. When it's acting this way (currently that is about 95% of the time) I cannot always open and close the door from the panel, but I can from the outdoor remote key pad.

I was thinking about replacing the battery. Outside of that I really have no clue what to do.

The opener is about 5 years old, and I have never replaced the battery.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-- Gary
    GaryGnu

Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel) Empty Re: Chamberlain Opener acting very bizarre (randomly flashing light and control panel)

Post  GaryGnu Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Answering my own question... the logic board was faulty. I called Chamberlain, and they told me to purchase the board and sent me video instructions. Piece of cake.

mark25 likes this post

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:13 pm