Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

2 posters

Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops

Atchafalaya Man

stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops Empty Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops

Post  Atchafalaya Man Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:31 pm

I have a Genie screw drive garage door operator. It was bought in 1997. I don't have a model number, but the manual says IS, ISL & IMS Series. When I press the button to close the door, sometimes it goes about two inches and stops, it doesn't go back up until I hit the button again. I read through the manual, and they say to adjust the close limit switch. It looks to me that the close limit switch gets hit when the door is fully closed, and my door is stopping after only moving two inches from the fully opened position. I can not understand what adjustment I could make that would have any effect. I thought maybe by adjusting the close FORCE dial that would help, but I temporarily turned it to full blast but that did not help. I lubed the rollers, which I do every few months anyway, that did not help. It does not always stop after only going a few inches. We have not had any strong winds that could have knocked the rails out of line. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Alpha Door Service

stops - Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops Empty Re: Door Comes Down About Two Inches And Stops

Post  Alpha Door Service Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:40 am

If you live in a cold climate it may be "greased up" the grease in cold areas has a tendency to get thickened up in the cold and cause the operator to work too hard and it just can't rotate the screw, if you spray a small amount of WD-40 onto the screw that may free it up by thinning out the grease. It will also make a mess, so I advise using an old newspaper on the ground to soak up the mess. Also, try to disconnect your door when it is in the closed position and try to run the operator, this will isolate your problem to the operator or door. Sometimes it can be the door is the problem.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am