Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Help deadbolting new garage  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

+5
Laurenxyz78
frantvesson101
teto10
Cam_8806
superduck
9 posters

Help deadbolting new garage

superduck

Help deadbolting new garage  Empty Help deadbolting new garage

Post  superduck Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:09 pm

Hello Garagedoor zone,

Im in need of some advise, I need help locking my garage door. Ill soon be installing a new garage carriage house door with a new garage door motor on the house.

We want to install a deadbolt on the garage door for extra security ,but we are having heck of a time find a 1.25 hp motor, in stock, that is compatible/or comes with a deadbolt lock mechanism.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

I want to to go with chamberlain ideally, but i haven't seen clear compatibility results for locks. Different websites say different things.

Liftmaster offers the 841lm, but it isn't even compatible with all of liftmasters own motors, only a select few.

Will the liftmaster 841lm work on any chamberlain openers? Is there a way to get it to work? Why does liftmaster offer a motor that don't accept the very add on motor  they sell?

I would appreciate any advise you guys have.

Thanks in advnce,

Duck
    Cam_8806

Help deadbolting new garage  Empty Re: Help deadbolting new garage

Post  Cam_8806 Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:20 pm

To be honest a locking mechanism isn’t necessary when you have an operator installed because nobody would be able to lift the door by hand while the trolley is engaged. However typically “dead bolt” locks or automatic slide locks are only installed on Jackshaft operators. BUT what you can install is a manual slide lock, just make sure you don’t attempt to open the garage door with the opener while the slide lock is engaged.
    superduck

Post  superduck Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Thank You for the reply.....went with with wall mount.....with lock Very Happy Very Happy
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    frantvesson101

Post  frantvesson101 Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:53 am

Hi Duck,
    Adding a deadbolt for extra security is a great idea. While compatibility can be tricky, it's essential to ensure that the deadbolt works seamlessly with your garage door opener. I'd recommend reaching out directly to Chamberlain or Liftmaster customer support for specific Manually guidance on compatibility between their products. They should be able to provide you with the most accurate information and solutions. Best of luck with your garage door project!
    Laurenxyz78

Help deadbolting new garage  Empty Pootensial

Post  Laurenxyz78 Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:53 am

future is now

Last edited by Laurenxyz78 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    cr-garagedoor

Post  cr-garagedoor Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:26 am

Finding a compatible deadbolt and 1.25 HP motor combo can be tricky. While Chamberlain doesn't officially recommend deadbolts, LiftMaster's 841LM won't work with your desired brand. Instead, consider exploring universal deadbolt kits or consulting a technician for compatible options. Focus on selecting a reliable 1.25 HP motor like Chamberlain's C410 or B550, ensuring all safety features function seamlessly with your chosen setup.
    edithbrown097

Post  edithbrown097 Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:56 pm

Regardless of a garage door’s price, they will likely need some form of repair over time. It doesn’t have to be a major operation - and many problems are minor, however can become major if ignored. Garage door repair is also a technically complex operation; it should never be attempted by amateurs, as it can result in worsening the door’s problem, as well as risking personal injury. Spare yourself the complicated hassle by getting in touch with the expert technicians at Garage Door Repair Chicago.
    edisonsole012

Post  edisonsole012 Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:49 am

superduck wrote:Hello Garagedoor zone,

Im in need of some advise, I need help locking my garage door. Ill soon be installing a new garage carriage house door with a new garage door motor on the house.

We want to install a deadbolt on the garage door for extra security ,but we are having heck of a time find a 1.25 hp motor, in stock, that is compatible/or comes with a deadbolt lock mechanism.

I want to to go with chamberlain ideally, but i haven't seen clear compatibility results for locks. Different websites say different things.

Liftmaster offers the 841lm, but it isn't even compatible with all of liftmasters own motors, only a select few.

Will the liftmaster 841lm work on any chamberlain openers? Is there a way to get it to work? Why does liftmaster offer a motor that don't accept the very add on motor  they sell?

Thanks in advnce,

Duck
    The proficient and highly knowledgeable group at A1 Garage Door Repair possesses the expertise to effectively address any garage door problems imaginable. We take great pride in offering our exceptional garage door repair services to various locations within the Charleston Metropolitan Area, around the clock, and at a reasonable and competitive price.
    hazelsmith571

Post  hazelsmith571 Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:53 am

superduck wrote:Hello Garagedoor zone,

Thanks in advnce,

Duck
    When you are in the process of installing a new garage door, it is important to consider the architectural style and design of your home, especially the exterior elements. Although there are various materials available for garage doors, ranging from aluminium to different types of composite wood, steel is widely regarded as the most dependable and popular choice for door material.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:56 pm