Garage Door Zone

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Garage Door Zone

Questions & discussions of garage door operator problems and solutions.

Latest topics

» Install Overhead Door Company garage door
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by dct@cox.net

» Craftsman Opener having issues
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyYesterday at 7:30 am by Koby_BEZ

» Sell My House Fast Phoenix
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am by jonemartin

» MOTTIFY EU
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am by mottify

» Where is best place to buy torsion shafts locally?
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am by Rob Ryan

» Sears Door Sensors Won't Align
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 am by cr-garagedoor

» Garage door spring repair
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 am by garage door

» Where is the microphone in iPhone 11?
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am by techzeel

» How to Side Swipe On Instagram?
Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 am by Allinsider

Counter

4 posters

Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy?

Guyrien

Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? Empty Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy?

Post  Guyrien Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:59 pm

About 2 years ago my garage springs broke. I had them replaced and the door was supposedly balanced. 

Fast forward today the door has no longer balanced. Called out the same company and they inform me it was standard after about a year to get the door springs rebalanced for $150. They spent about 5 minutes during the job and we're gone.

Has anyone heard of this that the Springs have to be rebalanced after 2 years? Or did they just do a lousy job the first time

TyrelExcel likes this post

TyrelExcel

Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? Empty Re: Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy?

Post  TyrelExcel Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:27 pm

I wouldnt say they ripped you off. Just a poor explanation. The springs will lose strength in tension over time and every so often (we recommend yearly) the door needs to be serviced and the springs adjusted. Likely just a 1/2 turn here or there.  A door will "drift" or sag. So, Spring adjusting is common. Especially in high usage doors. Side note: Doors are typically sold with a 10k cycle spring(s). Averaging about 6-10 years
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    oswaldbell832

Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy? Empty Re: Did I get ripped off by my garage door installation guy?

Post  oswaldbell832 Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:48 am

Guyrien wrote:About 2 years ago my garage springs broke. I had them replaced and the door was supposedly balanced. 

Fast forward today the door has no longer balanced. Called out the same company and they inform me it was standard after about a year to get the door springs rebalanced for $150. They spent about 5 minutes during the job and we're gone.

Has anyone heard of this that the Springs have to be rebalanced after 2 years? Or did they just do a lousy job the first time
    We specialize in resolving various issues with garage doors. Whether your garage door fails to close properly, opens only partially, emits a loud grinding noise, or has broken window glass, we have the expertise to address these problems and more.
    oswaldbell832

Post  oswaldbell832 Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:50 am

Guyrien wrote:About 2 years ago my garage springs broke. I had them replaced and the door was supposedly balanced. 

At Garage Door Repair Chicago, our primary goal is to deliver exceptional service to each and every one of our valued customers. We recognize the potential structural and security concerns that arise from garage door malfunctions, and we prioritize the satisfaction and peace of mind of both residential and commercial property owners.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm